Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Über Member
Partner went for jab and talking to the staff found out the centre in Hereford had expected 700 but only 100 people turned up.
Doesn't bode well for the future I think. :ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Meant to add I tested positive last Tuesday morning. Worked from home all week. It's been like a really heavy cold, thats settled on my chest. Rough in the morning until I cough up all the gunk. Lost taste and smell after a few days but returning now. Daughter has a really bad cough, and son can't get anywhere a doctor's appointment, verbal or in person as he needs a sick note for work. Doctor's surgery are impossible. Son was told don't go in until negative, but of course needs a sick note as been over a week.

Looks like I'll be working from home all week again, as my chest is hammered. Got a bit wheezy carrying stuff out of MIL's loft earlier. Not even thinking of trying to ride.

tom73

Guru
Meant to add I tested positive last Tuesday morning. Worked from home all week. It's been like a really heavy cold, thats settled on my chest. Rough in the morning until I cough up all the gunk. Lost taste and smell after a few days but returning now. Daughter has a really bad cough, and son can't get anywhere a doctor's appointment, verbal or in person as he needs a sick note for work. Doctor's surgery are impossible. Son was told don't go in until negative, but of course needs a sick note as been over a week.

Looks like I'll be working from home all week again, as my chest is hammered. Got a bit wheezy carrying stuff out of MIL's loft earlier. Not even thinking of trying to ride.

Assume he can’t get any appointment with anyone. Sick notes can now be issued by nurses. Take it he’s tried them too ?

Sounds like your being put though the mill nothing worse than having it sitting on chest. Breathing go’s make every thing feel even worse. Rest up when you can and take it steady.

Reactions: C R

november4

Had the double flu & booster last weekend and had a bit of a tired few days. A lot of it going around again here so hoping it will boost immunity up, been 9 months since had covid, and we all got off with mainly just fatigue then.

Previous (Modena) jab ... zero effect.
Yesterdays Pfizer ... rough night, groggy this morning but headaches going.

gavgav

Guru
Take it easy - mine was OK for the first 7 days, then floored me ! Very wheezy and still not fit to cycle

Did you get awful fatigue and tiredness? Day 5 for me and whilst the cough, fever and cold type symptoms are improving, the extreme fatigue and tiredness have now hit, coming and going in waves.

Ajax Bay

Guru
My sister's second visitation of the virus, (fully vaccinated), has left her with a really bad sore throat.
As a matter of interest @Bazzer (for their sister) (and others with recent illness which they've identified as from SARS-CoV-2 virus), how do you/they know? Are you/they using LFTs and if so are you buying these? If you have 'flu' symptoms, are you testing for flu, and if so how?
Comparison of the characteristics, morbidity, and mortality of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza
COVID-19 from original variant was found (Mar-Apr 2020) to be about 3 times more likely than influenza to result in death of those ill enough to be hospitalised. (My precis/edit)
Findings: 89 530 patients hospitalised (France). . . median age 68 and 71 [so similar] for COVID-19 and influenza. Patients with COVID-19 were more frequently obese or overweight, and more frequently had diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidaemia than patients with influenza, whereas those with influenza more frequently had heart failure, chronic respiratory disease, cirrhosis, and deficiency anaemia. Patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19 more frequently developed acute respiratory failure, pulmonary embolism, septic shock, or haemorrhagic stroke than patients with influenza, but less frequently developed myocardial infarction or atrial fibrillation. In-hospital mortality was higher in patients with COVID-19 than in patients with influenza 16·9% 5·8%: a relative risk of death of 2·9 [age-standardised similar]
Interpretation: Patients with COVID-19 and seasonal influenza requiring hospitalisation differs considerably: SARS-CoV-2 is likely to have a higher potential for respiratory pathogenicity, leading to more respiratory complications and to higher mortality.

Omicron, combined with high levels of 'immunity' (from vaccines or prior infection), is less likely to lead to serious illness, aiui.
Also for IFR comparison (from NZ): https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m3883/rr

Last edited:
Top Bottom