Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
6th day testing positive (may be more ? ) I'm doing ok but I'm pi**ed off being 'shut off' Is there such a thing as an average number of positive days ?

If you are symptom free on the fifth day after the original test you're free to stop isolating. So a Sunday positive would mean symptom free on the following Friday and you can rejoin society. There is no need for a negative test.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You don't have to stop in. Yes, don't go to work etc, but you can go out, no rules against that, although it's wise not to. You can test positive for a long time. I was negative after two weeks, but had been popping out, with minimal contact in the second week (despite feeling worse).

our place gives you 5 days then expects you in masked up positive or not assuming you are capable

Scaleyback

Veteran
You don't have to stop in. Yes, don't go to work etc, but you can go out, no rules against that, although it's wise not to. You can test positive for a long time. I was negative after two weeks, but had been popping out, with minimal contact in the second week (despite feeling worse).

Yes,I have been out walking, twice a day since day1 of infection. Usually with my wife, who has thus far avoided catching it (previously had it in july) I am careful to keep my distance from everyone.
I am retired so relative isolation is not difficult.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
If you are symptom free on the fifth day after the original test you're free to stop isolating. So a Sunday positive would mean symptom free on the following Friday and you can rejoin society. There is no need for a negative test.

Somewhat selfish attitude if you are still testing positive and likely infectious

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Somewhat selfish attitude if you are still testing positive and likely infectious

No, it's a question of commonsense, obviously one doesn't indulge in close physical contact. Those with Covid-19 are infectious 3-4 days before showing symptoms and testing positive and infectious for up to ten days. If symptom free on the fifth day after testing, that is six days from taking the test, and nine or ten days from the start of being infectious, the viral load is considered below that which is a threat.

With some care there is no reason why one should not go out.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/people-with-symptoms-of-a-respiratory-infection-including-covid-19

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...reatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
No, it's a question of commonsense, obviously one doesn't indulge in close physical contact. Those with Covid-19 are infectious 3-4 days before showing symptoms and testing positive and infectious for up to ten days. If symptom free on the fifth day after testing, that is six days from taking the test, and nine or ten days from the start of being infectious, the viral load is considered below that which is a threat.

With some care there is no reason why one should not go out.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/people-with-symptoms-of-a-respiratory-infection-including-covid-19

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...reatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

The NHS response to a positive test is to say you are likely infectious. Why ignore that!

Scaleyback

Veteran

Don't fall out guys. I have no intention of going near anyone until I am clearly negative.

Mrs Salad had her first ever faint positive COVID test yesterday. She's got a head cold, and a sore throat, but is otherwise fine.
I suppose I shall see in a few days whether she has passed it on to me...

Top Bottom