Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm 59,so i think if it gets that bad i might be down the list of those who they'll try to save. Not near the bottom,but certainly not near the top.
They’ll probably just leave you in the car park with a blanket....

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
No change in Altea
1585473136901.png

winjim

Smash the cistern
Suddenly everyone's a gardener. Compost has gone the way of bog roll. I wanted to get my herb garden sorted and start off some tomatoes. I might have enough for now in our little compost bin.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Could a person be fined for going to their local laundry? I haven't seen laundry use on the government's 'essential journeys' etc list. Personal hygiene is essential,but i don't know if we're allowed to make a journey to a laundry,even though some laundries are still open,with strict guidelines on customers keeping safe distances,not coughing in the shop etc. Also...I heard that bicycle shops are allowed to stay open,though my LBS closed last week. You'd think he'd have stayed open,with his main income coming from repairing teenagers mountain bikes.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Could a person be fined for going to their local laundry? I haven't seen laundry use on the government's 'essential journeys' etc list. Personal hygiene is essential,but i don't know if we're allowed to make a journey to a laundry,even though some laundries are still open,with strict guidelines on customers keeping safe distances,not coughing in the shop etc. Also...I heard that bicycle shops are allowed to stay open,though my LBS closed last week. You'd think he'd have stayed open,with his main income coming from repairing teenagers mountain bikes.
Launderettes are on the allowed to open list so no. Under 'All retail with notable exceptions'

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...her-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance

My LBS is available only for emergencies, presumably for key workers. The mechanic is available for telephone consults. They're allowed to stay open, but they don't have to.

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
Now here's a puzzling one:

I started with symptoms a week ago got progressively better from about weds onwards.

Yesterday felt fine and temp was normal all day.

Got up this morning, intending to cook a nice black dahl - and i cannot smell or taste any of the spices.

Skibird

I started with symptoms a week ago got progressively better from about weds onwards.

Got up this morning, intending to cook a nice black dahl - and i cannot smell or taste any of the spices.
Sense of taste and smell going is one of the symptoms.

winjim

Smash the cistern

Biphasic immune response, innit. Check out the graphs for the recent antibody test and you'll see an early rise in IgM, giving you initial symptoms, which drops and gives way to a rise in IgG, giving you a second wave of symptoms. Remember your symptoms aren't caused by the virus as such, but your body's response to it.

From my relatives' experience, days 6-9ish are the worst. Hang on in there.

I am a clinical chemist and trainee clinical biochemist, not an immunologist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom