Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I have massive fatigue today. Can hardly move. No other symptoms though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Both healthy no symptoms. Getting our once a day exercise in which helps greatly. Mix of people you pass at distance. Some seem really grateful for the small interaction of a wave and hello. If living alone might be their only interaction that day. Then others who seem in a right grump and don’t acknowledge your greeting.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A young woman we know of, young children, divorced. Ex is self isolating. Her local supermarket has a 'no children' policy.
She is understandably going frantic as she doesn't know how she will get food for her kids.
Many people facing situations they could never imagine.
Surely a friend or neighbour could help with shopping duties

Dave7

Legendary Member
Surely a friend or neighbour could help with shopping duties
Possibly. I only know of her situation through my daughter. My daughter has 6 to look after (plus us as she insists) so can't really help.
We in turn are looking after a 94 year old.
I am sure she will get help......I was merely highlighting the variety of situations people find themselves in.

Both healthy no symptoms. Getting our once a day exercise in which helps greatly. Mix of people you pass at distance. Some seem really grateful for the small interaction of a wave and hello. If living alone might be their only interaction that day. Then others who seem in a right grump and don’t acknowledge your greeting.
Same here- it's weird isn't it??

Are some folks feeling guilty about being out, so need to show they're not enjoying it?
I can't believe ALL the grumpys are actually that grumpy. I hope ...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Finally got out for a bike ride, bloody windy! Outbound along the promenade 11mph with no pedalling, return 6mph and working hard!

8DF8CE27-9AC3-4852-A521-EF17C36BADD1.jpeg

9A6A9D4E-A4F6-4265-B2AF-3EEB2421F1F3.jpeg

8C9BC700-993E-4ABA-A9A3-7022A55D56F2.jpeg

aferris2

Guru
We are now settled (for the time being) in a campsite on the south coast of Western Australia. Not allowed into the local supermarket until we have been here 14 days, so have to email our shopping list then pick everything up later in the day. It works very well though.
Everybody is now locked down so no moving between states. From Tuesday each region (county) is going to be locked in, further restricting movement.
Getting out for exercise seems ok so far. We have a nice 5km loop running past the camp plus several very quiet side roads. Don't know if we will be able to still use these after Tuesday. Still living the outside life though. Everyone practicing social distancing, no exceptions. Could be worse.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of buying one of these. Do you think they'll be as good,if not better than those flimsy surgical masks we're seeing? Also..will/could the plod stop me and order me to take it off?:scratch:

NBC RUBBER Gas mask GP-5 russian black soviet military new, size 0,1,2,3,4
£3.19+

1585408988902.png

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
Happened to me on Thursday. Had an off last Saturday and the wound doesn't want to heal so I went for some better dressings and a 2nd opinion. One out....one in. Everyone was very polite.
Yes, the door entry system worked well, no problem, it was just the feeling among some car drivers that driving on the pavement was ok during the Covid crisis.
Good to hear your injury was not too serious:smile:.

Slioch

Guru
Finally got toilet rolls today, after 3 weeks of serious rationing. They were stacking the shelves in the local Sainsbury's when I got there at about 4pm, so grabbed a 16 pack. Happy days, and bizarrely feeling a lot less anxious now. Celebrating now with a glass of wine.

I'm looking forward to pushing the boat out tomorrow morning :stop:

Top Bottom