Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
It's an established fact that every new DIY task needs a new tool. Mine arrived today.
View attachment 510787

If it ever stops raining, that shed's getting spray painted ^_^
You'll need a mask. If B+Q's shut try the hospital. :whistle:

Dave7

Legendary Member
There are two (maybe three) sides to all situations.
We are over 70. Our daughter has 6 in the house. She is phoning us saying "please dont go out......anything you need then phone me". I am saying "6 of you, all young. 2 of us old farts. You just look after yourselves, we will cope".
A young woman we know of, young children, divorced. Ex is self isolating. Her local supermarket has a 'no children' policy.
She is understandably going frantic as she doesn't know how she will get food for her kids.
Many people facing situations they could never imagine.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've seen two 'self isolating' deliveries from volunteers on our road just today. One is a chap who works for Briotish Cycling - he came to the door with a mask and gloves as someone was dropping off a few bits. Then someone passing a small bag over the garden hedge to someone (both cars not seen on our road before).

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Wife and daughter successfully made it Auckland NZ airport. I've just noticed from the flight info that the gate has closed. They should be back here at 22.00 tomorrow, travelling via Tokyo. Good ol' Japanese letting flights through!

Will be a relief when they arrive - there was a threat of a total shutdown of all flights, and I'm not sure how long they might have had to wait as in a couple of months? Now seems the NZ govt simply wants to make sure passengers arriving are kept safe and will then resume flights.

Now then, where's the hoover ...

ade towell

1585339156649.png

Doing fine thanks

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A letter from Panama

CORONAVIRUS....A rainy day

So it's official....no more booze! Restaurants and off-licences are closed and supermarkets are banned from selling alcohol!

Fortunately we have a son who has a restaurant, which.....has booze. So, how to get it? Robert can bring it to us at 5.30pm, but he can't come with Stephanie and Oliver because only one person is allowed in the car. Stephanie can come at 3.30pm but has to be home by 5.30pm. because the curfew only allows you a window of 2 hours beginning from half an hour before the time indicated by the last number of your ID. Because we are over 65 David and I can both go out at 11.00am and return home by 1.00pm., but we can´t go in the same car, so we would have to go separately. (I think they make a determined amount of time for all OAP's because they think we are too old to calculate half hours before and two hours on, or else it's to warn everybody else that ALL the old people will be on the streets at the same time and so to "watch out" since there seems to be some kind of illogical conception that the old people are giving everybody else the disease. No, dopeys...the old people are just dying from it!)

We must adhere to these strict rules because there are road blocks set up and people are being stopped by the police and having their ID's checked. I don't know what they do if they see two people in the car...maybe one person has to get out and walk, hopefully not the person driving, but you just never know in Panama.

You may think this is funny but a friend went to the supermarket and took her seven year old son, not wanting to leave him alone in the house. She stood in line outside because there is a limit to the number of people who can enter. The line was long because the guards made sure that there was one meter between everybody, including her and her son, but when she got to the entrance, another guard said that the rule was "only one person allowed in" and that her son was a "person". (I guess she didn't know that.) She left and went home and then had to get a neighbour to bring her some things during her neighbour´s "time out". True story.

Now, I relate this to you because I feel there is not too much logic being used, either in the new laws, or the people who have to carry them out . So let's get back to "being stopped at the road blocks". Most people living in this country would be in agreement with the fact that members of the police force come under "people who have to carry them out". It may be a stretch to think on inspecting your ID that our police force would be able to calculate two hours from half and hour before the last number on your ID to the time that you are not allowed to still be "out", so I am certain that innocent people are being arrested. It may also be a stretch for them to figure out how many people are in the car.....that is, if there's more than one.

So now let's get back to the real problem....no booze! I am annoyed because I am sure that government law makers stocked up with cases of beer and bottles of booze before coming up with this new liquor law. The next thing to be anticipated will be people hiding in the shadows of the supermarkets with a 6-pack (and I don't mean abs) under their coat and flashing it out when you walk past, saying "Very good price, lady...only fifty dollar!"

Apparently this law is because they are afraid of people getting out of hand at "parties". There ARE NO FRIGGIN' PARTIES people...we can't even have more than ONE PERSON IN A FLAMIN' CAR....and you are not allowed out for more than two hours, so if you add the time it would take you to get to a party to the time it would take you to get home, you could maybe down a couple of beers......WHOOP-DEE-DOO!

In other news, the rest of our family, Ariana, husband, and kids, took off for the beach house way before the curfews were implemented. The roads to the interior of the country are blocked, so we can't see them for 45 days, and anyway we would have to go in two cars, and if Robert and Stephanie went also, we would have to take four cars, and since it takes about one and a half hours to get there, we would have to leave exactly at the hour we are allowed out, in case we get stopped at roadblocks, in order to get there within the two hours total that we can be out. Now, David and I can go "one car behind the other", but Stephanie would have to leave at 3.30pm and then Robert at 5.30pm. I'm not sure if they will count Oliver as a "person" if he goes with his mum. I would think he would be because he's already two, so that could potentially pose a problem.

Ariana is not too concerned about being quarantined at the beach because the beach house is always stocked up with booze for a rainy day - like, for example, Coronavirus.

Anyway, as I raise my glass of Ginger Ale, I wish each and every one of you...."Cheers and have a good laugh at it all."

And finally, have yourself a drink for me, before they ban it in your bloody country!

snorri

Legendary Member
Covid-19 observation today, customers at the chemist shop had to stand out on the pavement and be called in to the shop on a 'one out one in' system. Customers arriving by car drove on to the pavement while waiting the call :rolleyes:.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Juan still hasn't come home and his phone is ringing out when Gabriella calls him. She's called the supermarket, his parents and his friends but no one has seen him. Carlos, in between phoning customers and asking them not to expect refunds for cancelled jetski hires, has been very supportive, taking her dog Pepe for walks, fixing the hot water heater when it broke and mostly just being there for her. You know, a good friend. Maria watches on, knowingly.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Covid-19 observation today, customers at the chemist shop had to stand out on the pavement and be called in to the shop on a 'one out one in' system. Customers arriving by car drove on to the pavement while waiting the call :rolleyes:.
Happened to me on Thursday. Had an off last Saturday and the wound doesn't want to heal so I went for some better dressings and a 2nd opinion. One out....one in. Everyone was very polite.
The pharmacist assured me there is no problem, just a bad scrape in an awkward place.

Top Bottom