Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
What programmes did Mrs PK see on the TV? (I could immediately think of some suggestions, but I shall refrain!)

dunno she was up stairs i was downstairs - while she was watching I did consider casting some thing smutty via my phone to her TV :wacko:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Did anybody get out for the round of applause just now? I've been feeling pretty disillusioned and angry so it was nice to hear. Fireworks here in Sheffield and everything.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
@Pale Rider
No problem.

NOTE: We have no test confirmation that what we had was Covid-19

With both MrsPK and myself, symptoms were pretty mild.

Medium grade flu in her case, temp 37.8C, headache, dry cough, muscular back pain, fatigue - she spent a couple of days in bed, but she was stuck upstairs in isolation anyway, so bed with TV was as good a place as any. Took paracetamol regularly over 2/3 days.

Mine was a little milder, symptoms similar temp 37.8C, headache, dry cough, muscular back pain, fatigue. I did not retire to bed and continued as "carer" for 2/3 days while she was upstairs isolating. But catering stepped down several notches to basics such a beans on cheese on toast for tea. Instead of Oeuf en mourette followed by Sole meunière with home made Gnocchi and Samphire in a garlic and caper sauce.
My routine meds include Hydroxychloroquine 2x200mgxdaily and azithromycin 1x250mgx3days per week. I took paracetamol one day & night only.

For neither of us was the cough dominating- more an annoying deep, dry tickle. No sputum for MrsPK, limited amount early morning for me.

I won't deny, that it was very, very scary when symptoms started for each of us - stepping out into the unknown. But reports of the progress of the disease in the population, even over the past few days has been very reassuring.

Feel free to ask any supplementaries.
Interesting...I had very bad lower back pain too, which I put down to too much sitting/lying around, rather than the virus....however it’s gone with the fever. Maybe it’s a ‘thing’?
The nasty taste in my mouth is waning too.

Glad you’re both on the mend....

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I've been watching webcams of places I know - Madrid, Zaragoza etc. I've been shocked at the standard of driving on New York's 42nd Street but I've become completely fascinated at the view from a webcam in Altea.

Bottom RH corner there's 3 cars, but there's usually 4. The black and silver cars haven't moved in a week but the white car and a blue car that isn't there just now keep swapping places and I've no idea how they manage it because the space is so tight. Every morning and evening I've found myself checking and it's become an obsessive compulsive thing. I imagine all kinds of lives for the people involved. I've decided Maria (white car) is a hairdresser but she has to check on her aged parents daily. Carlos (silver Audi) has a jetski business which has been shut down for the duration. He knows he hasn't left enough room for the cars behind but he doesn't care (although he does check his bumper every morning for scuff marks). Juan works part time at the fish counter of the local Mercadona and his blue car was a gift from his parents so he's really careful when he's parking ....

What?

PK99

Legendary Member
Interesting...I had very bad lower back pain too, which I put down to too much sitting/lying around, rather than the virus....however it’s gone with the fever. Maybe it’s a ‘thing’?
The nasty taste in my mouth is waning too.

Glad you’re both on the mend....

Glad for you to.

stowie

Legendary Member
I've been watching webcams of places I know - Madrid, Zaragoza etc. I've been shocked at the standard of driving on New York's 42nd Street but I've become completely fascinated at the view from a webcam in Altea.
View attachment 510700
Bottom RH corner there's 3 cars, but there's usually 4. The black and silver cars haven't moved in a week but the white car and a blue car that isn't there just now keep swapping places and I've no idea how they manage it because the space is so tight. Every morning and evening I've found myself checking and it's become an obsessive compulsive thing. I imagine all kinds of lives for the people involved. I've decided Maria (white car) is a hairdresser but she has to check on her aged parents daily. Carlos (silver Audi) has a jetski business which has been shut down for the duration. He knows he hasn't left enough room for the cars behind but he doesn't care (although he does check his bumper every morning for scuff marks). Juan works part time at the fish counter of the local Mercadona and his blue car was a gift from his parents so he's really careful when he's parking ....

What?

I just looked at this live webcam. Saw a bloke walking his dog along the promenade. Exciting times.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I just looked at this live webcam. Saw a bloke walking his dog along the promenade. Exciting times.

That’s Angel and his dog Bonita

pclay

Veteran
I woke up on the morning of 16th March with a dry throat and a mild cough. I cough about once an hour. My breathing was also a bit raspy for about 7 days after the 16th.p

The raspiness has mostly gone, but still have a slight cough (that 12 days now). I’m really hoping it’s just a cough. I haven’t left my house for the last 7 days. It’s only me and the missus. She also has a mild cough. We both have no other symptoms.

I try to avoid the news now, as it just makes m worry more. I wish to say a big thank you to all key workers, NHS, police, shops, delivery drivers etc.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Did anybody get out for the round of applause just now? I've been feeling pretty disillusioned and angry so it was nice to hear. Fireworks here in Sheffield and everything.
OK, the anger and disillusionment is back. It was a touching gesture from the general public but these two make me want to vomit in rage. Ten years of austerity and underinvestment in the NHS, and then weeks of inaction when we knew the virus was coming. Lack of preparation, no proper PPE for NHS workers, putting them at risk, no distancing or public health measures until it was far too late, no testing, nothing. And then this. It's rank hypocrisy.

View: https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1243271386845581325?s=19

The applause was to show appreciation for NHS workers putting their lives on the line. The government had the power to make sure they didn't have to. They don't get to join in.

Top Bottom