Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Good to hear you've got decent pain relief PR,

A nightly dose of senna will ease future movements... as long as you maintain home isolation...

I recommend a wooden peg- the plastic sprung ones hurt your nose.

Where does the peg go? :ohmy:

PK99

Legendary Member
That is genuine good news.

I don't get too worked up about hardly anything, but if it was the virus it could have killed you.

Hopefully we can get a similar good progress update from @PK99.

@Pale Rider @Fab Foodie

Yes I'm pleased to say i am pretty much back to normal, no cough, no fever currently - but it did rise yesterday evening to 37.3C

I still feel "a little bit off centre" if you know what I mean, but I've had a bug that is to be expected

I hope MrsPK and I have had Covid-19, we have certainly had the same bug and will want the antibody test as soon as a reliable version is available.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@Pale Rider @Fab Foodie

Yes I'm pleased to say i am pretty much back to normal, no cough, no fever currently - but it did rise yesterday evening to 37.3C

I still feel "a little bit off centre" if you know what I mean, but I've had a bug that is to be expected

I hope MrsPK and I have had Covid-19, we have certainly had the same bug and will want the antibody test as soon as a reliable version is available.

Excellent.

I don't want to put any pressure on you to publish medical information so feel free not to reply, but I'm sure members would like to know what your treatment was.

In other words, did you take anything, or was it more a case of just letting time take its course?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Driving to your daily exercise point is still causing controversy.

A Derbyshire Police superintendent on 5Live this afternoon was clear such a journey was not essential.

His force has been using drones to capture people in the Peak District.

Further, he said enforcement by means of fines is going to start immediately.

I'm still not certain driving to a place of exercise is a strict no-no, but the official attitude against it seems to be hardening faster than a smoker's arteries.

PK99

Legendary Member
Excellent.

I don't want to put any pressure on you to publish medical information so feel free not to reply, but I'm sure members would like to know what your treatment was.

In other words, did you take anything, or was it more a case of just letting time take its course?

@Pale Rider
No problem.

NOTE: We have no test confirmation that what we had was Covid-19

With both MrsPK and myself, symptoms were pretty mild.

Medium grade flu in her case, temp 37.8C, headache, dry cough, muscular back pain, fatigue - she spent a couple of days in bed, but she was stuck upstairs in isolation anyway, so bed with TV was as good a place as any. Took paracetamol regularly over 2/3 days.

Mine was a little milder, symptoms similar temp 37.8C, headache, dry cough, muscular back pain, fatigue. I did not retire to bed and continued as "carer" for 2/3 days while she was upstairs isolating. But catering stepped down several notches to basics such a beans on cheese on toast for tea. Instead of Oeuf en mourette followed by Sole meunière with home made Gnocchi and Samphire in a garlic and caper sauce.
My routine meds include Hydroxychloroquine 2x200mgxdaily and azithromycin 1x250mgx3days per week. I took paracetamol one day & night only.

For neither of us was the cough dominating- more an annoying deep, dry tickle. No sputum for MrsPK, limited amount early morning for me.

I won't deny, that it was very, very scary when symptoms started for each of us - stepping out into the unknown. But reports of the progress of the disease in the population, even over the past few days has been very reassuring.

Feel free to ask any supplementaries.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@Pale Rider
No problem.

NOTE: We have no test confirmation that what we had was Covid-19

With both MrsPK and myself, symptoms were pretty mild.

Medium grade flu in her case, temp 37.8C, headache, dry cough, muscular back pain, fatigue - she spent a couple of days in bed, but she was stuck upstairs in isolation anyway, so bed with TV was as good a place as any. Took paracetamol regularly over 2/3 days.

Mine was a little milder, symptoms similar temp 37.8C, headache, dry cough, muscular back pain, fatigue. I did not retire to bed and continued as "carer" for 2/3 days while she was upstairs isolating. But catering stepped down several notches to basics such a beans on cheese on toast for tea. Instead of Oeuf en mourette followed by Sole meunière!
My routine meds include Hydroxychloroquine 2x200mgxdaily and azithromycin 1x250mgx3days per week. I took paracetamol one day & night only.

For neither of us was the cough dominating- more an annoying deep, dry tickle. No sputum for MrsPK, limited amount early morning for me.

I won't deny, that it was very, very scary when symptoms started for each of us - stepping out into the unknown. But reports of the progress of the disease in the population, even over the past few days has been very reassuring.

Feel free to ask any supplementaries.

So was professional intervention in your treatment no more than a few calls to the hotline?

If so, I'm encouraged because it means our numerical capacity to deal with patients is greater than I (wrongly) thought it was.

What I don't know, or I suspect what no one else knows, is how many patients will require hospital treatment.

PK99

Legendary Member
So was professional intervention in your treatment no more than a few calls to the hotline?

If so, I'm encouraged because it means our numerical capacity to deal with patients is greater than I (wrongly) thought it was.

What I don't know, or I suspect what no one else knows, is how many patients will require hospital treatment.

1 time through the 111 web form

1 call to the 111 hot line , got through to someone instantly

1 e-mail to my long standing Chest Consultant, who was very reassuring about general likelihood of mild disease.

Only a small % will need hospital treatment, but a small percentage of a very big number is a big number - hence the need to spread the peak

Top Bottom