Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Epilogue (and then I'll shut up!): Family back safe and sound from New Zealand. Not much social distancing at the airport by some.

They got on the last plane out, and only the Germans have managed to organise a flight out. Some 400 out of 12000 though, and restrictions on movement within the country and a temporary ban on flights means they will have to stay for no-one knows how long.

The pilot got emotional about the privilege of being able to bring them home, and said their flight was only made possible by intervention by the German FO with the NZ govt at a high level. They also brought back two Swiss girls who had been involved in a serious car crash. They were crammed into the plane like peas in a sardine tin.

On arrival my two showed their British passports, and customs rolled their eyes thinking two Brits had wangled their way on. My daughter soon put them right in perfect German, showed their ID's (Ausweis) and customs became human again!

They did have one nasty shock though. After taking off from Tokyo, the announcement said 'This is your captain speaking, welcome aboard flight 345. Today I am working from home ...'. ^_^

snorri

Legendary Member
. Today I am working from home ...'. ^_^
Good to hear that your family is re united, but sorry to tell you that joke has been going the rounds for what seems like months now in the UK:biggrin:.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You look ok there accy. Can we see one with the mask on ?
I've sent off for one.👍 They're much better than the paper surgical masks,because the gas mask protects the eyes as well as the mouth and with the rubber covering your face you can't touch your face with what could be contaminated fingers. I just hope it gets here before the virus ends because if it doesn't it'll be wasted money. Then again i might just walk round with it on after the crisis, as a kind of fashion accessory.:becool:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
My wife and I were talking about it yesterday, although an awfully long way from being rich we do have a reasonable size garden to potter around in, we're far better off than some.

Yes we are lucky to have a back garden that catches the sun from about 9am at the moment. Too cold for sitting out today. But a calm place to relax once exercise and other necessities completed. Even just 30 mins in sun before returning indoors makes a difference.

Edit - strike that it’ll be from 8am as of today.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went for a walk round Accy town centre this aft',for my allocated exercise session. I filmed all the closed shops with their 'We are closed due to C19' signs on the doors and in the windows. I walked round filming for half an hour and saw just two other people. I'll keep the vid' and look back at it in years to come.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I've sent off for one.👍 They're much better than the paper surgical masks,because the gas mask protects the eyes as well as the mouth and with the rubber covering your face you can't touch your face with what could be contaminated fingers. I just hope it gets here before the virus ends because if it doesn't it'll be wasted money. Then again i might just walk round with it on after the crisis, as a kind of fashion accessory.:becool:
Make sure you only wear it once and then replace the filter. If used multiple times, the filter stops working, gets damp and lets the virus in.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I went for a walk round Accy town centre this aft',for my allocated exercise session. I filmed all the closed shops with their 'We are closed due to C19' signs on the doors and in the windows. I walked round filming for half an hour and saw just two other people. I'll keep the vid' and look back at it in years to come.

Lucky you have your very own town to social distance from others.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

It will also work well as a social distancing device. Get some bag pipes as well and guaranteed.

Top Bottom