Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
We’re waiting for the next instalment!
You know something? I can't.

I've visited Altea so many times. Got off the bus by the marina to the right and meandered along the front under those trees cut into cubes. The last time I was there with my sister, she couldn't remember which was her favourite tree and she posed beneath each one and compared it with her photo from the last trip until she found it - "This is it! This is my favourite tree". It was one of my sister's most loved spots and I took a pebble from the beach there to lay by her gravestone after she passed a few months ago.

The main street is unremarkable except the overhanging balconies on each side have cages with songbirds in and you can stop and let the birdsong surround you - a hundred conversations to and fro. But the webcam has no sound and I wonder if those birds have been silenced too.

Now I look every day at the webcam, something's missing and Altea's going through the same thing we all are. Each day I'm horrified at the stories coming out of Spain, either through the media or friends still there and this one image of a missing car has come to symbolise that for me just now.

It's silly and I'm being maudlin I know. The car is probably parked just out of sight or it was only visiting. I overthink things sometimes. I miss Altea and I miss my sister.

Stephenite

Membå
Today we had a birthday party for the soon-to-be 5 year-old. There weren't very many guests :sad:. But great pluck was shown by the little one. And there were a few more presents than normal.

There was a surprise visitor! None but Captain Svartbart on his annual quest for the long lost treasure. (Who coincidentally arrives when pappa is taking his annual afternoon nap!) There was a twist in the tale this time around as, slightly, big brother volunteered to play two roles.

... anyway, I'm sure she enjoyed herself.

The kids have been inside for three weeks now. The 9 year-old is doing ok, but the younger one needs social interaction. I hope it doesn't last for more than a few weeks/months.

winjim

Smash the cistern
As most of our freezer containers are in use, I've been using my cycling water bottles to store chicken stock. Now I can't get the smell out and I think next ride I go on, my fancy energy drinks are going to taste of chicken.

PK99

Legendary Member
As most of our freezer containers are in use, I've been using my cycling water bottles to store chicken stock. Now I can't get the smell out and I think next ride I go on, my fancy energy drinks are going to taste of chicken.

Wash out with bicarb.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Epilogue (and then I'll shut up!): Family back safe and sound from New Zealand. Not much social distancing at the airport by some.

They got on the last plane out, and only the Germans have managed to organise a flight out. Some 400 out of 12000 though, and restrictions on movement within the country and a temporary ban on flights means they will have to stay for no-one knows how long.

The pilot got emotional about the privilege of being able to bring them home, and said their flight was only made possible by intervention by the German FO with the NZ govt at a high level. They also brought back two Swiss girls who had been involved in a serious car crash. They were crammed into the plane like peas in a sardine tin.

On arrival my two showed their British passports, and customs rolled their eyes thinking two Brits had wangled their way on. My daughter soon put them right in perfect German, showed their ID's (Ausweis) and customs became human again!

They did have one nasty shock though. After taking off from Tokyo, the announcement said 'This is your captain speaking, welcome aboard flight 345. Today I am working from home ...'. ^_^
Brilliant, just brilliant. We need those bits of humour.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I went for a walk round Accy town centre this aft',for my allocated exercise session. I filmed all the closed shops with their 'We are closed due to C19' signs on the doors and in the windows. I walked round filming for half an hour and saw just two other people. I'll keep the vid' and look back at it in years to come.
Have you per chance got kids, nephews ? It would be good to pass that down through generations.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Guaranteed method.
Pee in the bottle and leave for 24 hours.
DO NOT EMPTY IT but just top up with fresh water.
I absolutely promise you, you will not taste the soup.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can't say i'm happy with the 'report your neighbour for breaking the lockdown hotline'. There are one or two snoops around here who'd gladly drop someone in it for a bit of self satisfaction,maybe even gratification. One old bloke stands at his door puffing away on a ciggie,taking it all in,many times a day. I've always suspected he 'grassed' on me for using the sheltered accommodation's laundry for a while after i'd left the place. There he was one dark night,loitering around in the shadows,when he must've seen me with my bag of laundry,being let into the place by a resident in there. The next day i got a personal visit from the home's warden telling me to keep out blah blah.Does it mean those who get 'grassed up' will get a 5am door kicked in visit,or will the plod send round a 'community support officer' later in the day to have a friendly word with the accused? I went out twice yesterday,but apart from saying hello how are you to the check out operator in Aldi,i didn't speak to a soul all day. Last night i saw and heard a gang of youths walking up the road. I'd say there was about 7 or 8 of them. Now if the police were to stop them and ask 'why are you out and in more than a group of two' i'd be happy with that,but going off anonymous informants information,it's all a bit police state wouldn't you say?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Have you per chance got kids, nephews ? It would be good to pass that down through generations.
I do,but i suppose with nearly everyone having a phone now they'll have made their own video memories. I'll just keep the video for my self,not forgetting that these digital vids are ok,but they get lost over time,unlike the ones i made 20 years ago which are on 8mm cassettes.

Top Bottom