Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
All well here although my blood is starting to boil re the £10000 small business grant which seems particularly prone to sending quite a chunk of money to people who don't need it when other people who do need help are receiving either a pittance or no help at all for some time.

https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/small-business-grant-funding

Previously posted:

Professional on £130k pa, one man band, operating out of a tiny office (200 sq.ft) with a business that will not suffer from any downturn to receive £10k.

And then:

Very rich guy to receive £10k as his second home is registered as a letting business.

Another extremely rich guy has a small industrial estate, operated out of a tiny office on the estate, to receive £10k.

This really does not feel right to me. :angry:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Started using this app. You can use it even if you have no symptoms just to say you are well. Links to app stores on the website main page. The data page has an interesting view of infection rates at a more detailed level than the high level government data.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/data

Still fine, no change in resting HR or HRV, exercise feels same as usual.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
It's worth mentioning that when the virus started ramping up in Europe the message from the health professionals was to 'delay' the spread, noting that spread was inevitable. During the delay phase, a number of makeshift hospitals have popped up and has increased what the NHS for example can now cope with. If what the Mayor of London can be believed (i know subjective), the NHS in London has around 25% capacity left not including NHS Nightingale London. So, at least right now, the Delay seems to have been largely successful... A major 1 up on listening to the experts and not the media scaremongering headlines...

screenman

Legendary Member
All well here although my blood is starting to boil re the £10000 small business grant which seems particularly prone to sending quite a chunk of money to people who don't need it when other people who do need help are receiving either a pittance or no help at all for some time.

https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/small-business-grant-funding

Previously posted:

Professional on £130k pa, one man band, operating out of a tiny office (200 sq.ft) with a business that will not suffer from any downturn to receive £10k.

And then:

Very rich guy to receive £10k as his second home is registered as a letting business.

Another extremely rich guy has a small industrial estate, operated out of a tiny office on the estate, to receive £10k.

This really does not feel right to me. :angry:

I think for those few highlighted there will be thousands that need help.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Does anyone want to hear my latest conspiracy theory?

Well,not really mine,more a neighbour's With bits chucked in by me.
Could you speak up? I'm being rendered increasingly deaf by death rays fired from the planet Zog.

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
Apart from the obvious anomalies, I think the NHS is doing a great job in identifying vulnerable people and getting them support. We are in unprecedented times.

I think so too - from the direct experience of a 12 week lock-down friend - she feels well supported. So much so she wants to help neighbours - i have told her not to be silly!

There will obviously be gaps in the new system and equally obviously the press will chose to focus on the gaps.

screenman

Legendary Member
That's just a few that I know and I've not spoken to all the people I do know.

I know it's a broad brush stroke policy but it's a hell of a lot of cash going to be given to those not in need.
[/QUOr

I have not spoken to anyone who has got anything, I supply over a hundred small businesses. A good few of my current customers will not be in business when this lot is over, I have already started writing off some unpaid debts.

lane

Veteran
I would have thought very few people would go out after 8pm.

I go out after 8pm and there are others. Buy and large the elderly and vulnerable who don't want to take chances often walking Thier dog. Forcing people to all go out at the same time quite obviously makes things worse.

Top Bottom