Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
There are stories of people who can't get on the register in the media.

I've got two acquaintances who can't get on the register and one applied to the GP who declined it and they are raging everywhere with anger at the world. I think to be fair to the GP they probably don't qualify for what they said they do (which people can probably guess the condition we're talking about).
Thankfully the Prof is fit and healthy - she is also a medic. In this case, she's going to use common sense.........and of course she's got me to do the shopping.

Apart from the obvious anomalies, I think the NHS is doing a great job in identifying vulnerable people and getting them support. We are in unprecedented times.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well we are stuffed....the Prof has just had a text from the government saying (because she is on a cancer registry - as a result of her breast cancer 5 years ago) she can't go out for 12 weeks. She was then directed to the Govt website for Shielding to find that she doesn't qualify as a vulnerable person. So she can't go out and she can't get her shopping delivered........a sort of Covid Catch 22 situation.
When Jenny Harries first started talking about this, she recognised that there are some people who might be on the register who are no longer considered extremely vulnerable, while there may be others whose condition has deteriorated and aren't on the register. Recommendation was to discuss with own Drs

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Apart from the obvious anomalies, I think the NHS is doing a great job in identifying vulnerable people and getting them support. We are in unprecedented times.

I think so too.

On the employment side I've seen very mixed reports on PPE and deals struck and difficult cases. That would be my worry.

I'm doing everything for my parents, although one acquaintance has drafted in deliveries instead.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Getting more and more frustrated with the differences in approach between Scotland and the UK. Scotland seems to lag behind the UK in measures; the "vulnerable persons" list has been distributed to supermarkets by Public Health England but nothing has been done in Scotland. Contacting supermarkets direct in Scotland just gets you referred to the Gov.UK site. Initially, even GPs in Scotland didn't seem to know what was going on with the vulnerable. Sturgeon appears to be trying to gazump the UK press conferences and it's causing confusion when she makes stuff up on the hoof (construction sites and factories for instance).

This is a crisis, confusing messaging doesn't help with umpteen singers trying to sing different songs at the same time. There should be one leader in Westminster until this is over.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm getting sick and tired of nosey parkers telling me i shouldn't be going out blah blah. Fine if they want to stop in and 'obey orders',but i need to go out for my sanity! Yes,by staying in i'm lessening the chances of catching the virus and not passing it to others if i have it but don't know, but what about my mental health situation? No one gives a shoot about me. I have to look after number one,because no one else seems to be bothered about me unless they see me going out,or hear about me going out. I knocked on a neighbours door at the start of the lock down,offering to get them stuff from the shops. How did they thank me? Well,one of them said he'd report me to 'the authorities' if he saw me out more than once a day! I wonder if these types have a portrait on their walls of some fictitious military dictator and every time they look at it they say "I love you glorious leader"! I sarcastically ask because we seem to be becoming a nation of informants and 'tut' tut'ing finger pointers. I hate to think how it'll be if/when this C19 stuff ends. I actually think some folk would like, even enjoy being run by a dictatorship! They're too thick to organise their own lives.so they'd welcome state intervention,telling them what time to get up,what time to go to bed,who they can talk to,who they can't etc etc. I heard someone on the radio the other night,saying many would welcome a police state. On hearing it i thought 'is he having a laugh'?,but these last few days have made me think he might be right!

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
I know people with young kids who are separated but still the kids keep seeing daddy. Also brother in law lives with his brother but sees his mum with a bad heart and his girlfriend from another house with asthma. So he can pass it to two at high risks as well as himself who always seems to have bronchitis. Yet he will watch the news and say look at all them kids in the park! Wreckless some folk.

roley poley

Über Member
I sit at home with my 85 year old dad who is copd as his sole carer on his 12 week isolation, royal mail who I work for have said my options are take special unpaid leave ,come in to work or use all my paid holidays in a lump. Well... my paid holiday leave wont last the 12 weeks ,I dont feel safe to work on the streets or sort mail with my crew (who are nice people) so I recon its take my paid holls then top the rest up with special unpaid leave, family first and protect all people. Everyone chill out there in this crazy world

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
This is great. It's different rules for different people. Hypocritical government.
How so? Shouldn't a child with separated parents be allowed to see both? This disease is enough of a disruptive shoot without stopping young children from seeing both parents. Clearly both families should be observing the social distancing, self isolating, shielding rules as appropriate.

Adults should not be mixing across households unless there is no alternative to provide support to vulnerable relatives

Last edited:

C R

Guru
How so? Shouldn't a child with separated parents be allowed to see both? This disease is enough of a disruptive shoot without stopping young children from seeing both parents. Clearly both families should be observing the social distancing, self isolating, shielding rules as appropriate.

Adults should not be mixing across households unless there is no alternative to provide support to vulnerable relatives
It would be safer for everyone if they didn't. The child acts as a point of contact between two households that otherwise would be isolated from each other. Precisely what the social distancing is meant to avoid.

vickster

Legendary Member
It would be safer for everyone if they didn't. The child acts as a point of contact between two households that otherwise would be isolated from each other. Precisely what the social distancing is meant to avoid.
Maybe you'd like to discuss with @Electric_Andy who shares care of his young son with his ex partner? He posted his worries before this was clarified

Top Bottom