Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
If I get it I get it. I work in a shop, a busy one... every surface i touch could be contaminated. We have plenty of hand sanitiser, but unless i use it after everything i touch, it's just a placebo really.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
There have been very few reported cases in Africa so far, don't know what that indicates. So if anyone wants to get away from it here might be a good place to escape.
Mixed blessing for me as I want to come over to the UK around Easter. Airline seats are dirt cheap right now but what chances do I have of catching it if I come?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If I get it I get it. I work in a shop, a busy one... every surface i touch could be contaminated. We have plenty of hand sanitiser, but unless i use it after everything i touch, it's just a placebo really.
There is plenty you can practically do to reduce your risk, it's never a case of "if I get it I get it"
Wear gloves at all times, this reduces the likelihood of you touching your face with your hands
Maintain minimum distances from customers and colleagues
At the moment you take off your gloves, wash/sanitize your hands. Difficult to remove gloves without passing any virus onto your hands

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There is plenty you can practically do to reduce your risk, it's never a case of "if I get it I get it"
Wear gloves at all times, this reduces the likelihood of you touching your face with your hands
Maintain minimum distances from customers and colleagues
At the moment you take off your gloves, wash/sanitize your hands. Difficult to remove gloves without passing any virus onto your hands
Umless you wash the gloves every time you wear them I don't see the point.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
My father has been on a respiratory ward. The hospital decided he hasn't got flu, coronavirus or anything like that. He is hopefully going home today (been in since last week). The very quiet and tranquil conditions another member posted about in another hospital is not something I recognise. It's pretty busy.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
God do we need this as it like "bring out your dead" thread

My father has been on a respiratory ward. The hospital decided he hasn't got flu, coronavirus or anything like that. He is hopefully going home today (been in since last week). The very quiet and tranquil conditions another member posted about in another hospital is not something I recognise. It's pretty busy.
And it will get much busier.

My son has been sent home from work because of a case in one part of the very large building. The office has sent home anyone with health issues such as lung/chest/cardiac problems or weakened immune systems. Luckily (or unluckily) for him he can do much of his work online so it stops the boredom setting in.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Umless you wash the gloves every time you wear them I don't see the point.
Virus has a much shorter "life" on fabrics than hard surfaces so when you come to put them on the next day any virus should be inert. In any case, the benefit to the individual is that you don't touch your face with your hand. Wearing gloves discourages this whether the glove is clean or not.
Alternative is to wear disposable gloves. They are 5p per pair

Reactions: C R

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
You need an option for "I or someone close had the symptoms but NHS 111 said didn't need testing"

Wife has had the symptoms but due to no link to China, Italy etc. advice was just to get better and carry on as normal. May or may not have been exposed to Covid-19. I do not know.

Exactly my situation, my wife is really ill with flu symptoms and respiratory distress but as she's not been in China etc there's apparently no need for a test.
My daughter is also still expected in school since she's reasonably well. (A cough and some cold symptoms but not serious).

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I was turned away from a factory today - "Essential visitors only". Can see me working from home soon

Top Bottom