Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
My wife has been teaching various ages, phone, teams* and email. The various problems with ICT and being fearful of falling foul of safegaurding issues, lack of support generally and specifically with ICT, she has worked vastly more hours than she is paid for. working all weekend on sorting out projected exam grades. I had to pop into work yesterday first time since lock down ...felt weird.

*not allowed to use Zoom - safegaurding

Mike_P

Guru
Safeguarding. Even if they had cameras on, i can only see 4 people at once on my screen (and one of them is me) and when I am sharing a PowerPoint, I can only see the PowerPoint
Theres an update for Teams that allows for more people to be seen but obviously does not address the safeguarding issue. I understand anything that is said/shown is retained forever. The fact that when you share a program or a screen means you visually lose the audience confused me no end when it happened.

Julia9054

Guru
Theres an update for Teams that allows for more people to be seen but obviously does not address the safeguarding issue. I understand anything that is said/shown is retained forever. The fact that when you share a program or a screen means you visually lose the audience confused me no end when it happened.
For safeguarding, there is a record function and we have to record any lesson or tutorial with students.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Went into my university today for the first time in 3 months, to collect any items I'd need. It's likely we'll be based at home for the next 15-18 months, just going in for small group classes should they run from September. I could have one slot, which I've taken, apart from collecting my OH-specific chair which I can do next week.

I was the only member of staff there and it's hit me that it will be a long time before I see colleagues and others in person.

We're being allowed in to collect chairs/monitors at specific times/dates only. I'm OK at home and would rather not have another chair, plus I had a few spare monitors having bought 1 too many for my Zwift set up (bought 3 off ebay for £13 each - so had one spare). Going forward it sounds much like your Uni - only those that need to be in to teach in block units will be in, everything else will be from home if you can.

dodgy

Yeah true, just thought it interesting.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I must be misunderstood . 7% of the country have been infected?

7% of the UK population have been infected according to a large and staticially rigorous study by the Office of National statistics.

New infections each week a lot lower than 1% and total having it a lot lower than 1%.

Top Bottom