Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I don't know a single person who would even think of partaking in what happened yesterday. As expected, a few interviews with the beachgoers unearthed the usual knuckle draggers ("we fort we wud be da only onez ere innit"). So many bellies, shaved heads and vests.
Yuk.

@woodbutcher - as with anywhere there's stupid, selfish individuals who think laws don't apply to them.
The french have generally made a virtue out of "laws not applying to them".

(I should add that I haven't gone looking for coverage, so I have *NO* idea of how well the French have obeyed their restrictions. Theirs were very different - much harsher initially - and of course the gendarmes carry guns in the street as a matter of course... )

I don't know a single person who would even think of partaking in what happened yesterday. As expected, a few interviews with the beachgoers unearthed the usual knuckle draggers ("we fort we wud be da only onez ere innit"). So many bellies, shaved heads and vests.
Yuk.
The frustrating thing is that it seems so easy to have avoided this; if I was the sort to love toasting on a busy Dorset beach, I would have headed down there with some caution. If I found hordes already there, I'd just come home again, or go to a quieter park or summat!
There were many british beaches that DID have sensible numbers on them.

A couple of boys-in-blue turning folks away once it got busy would have solved it too - wouldn't it? :-/

woodbutcher

Veteran
The french have generally made a virtue out of "laws not applying to them".

(I should add that I haven't gone looking for coverage, so I have *NO* idea of how well the French have obeyed their restrictions. Theirs were very different - much harsher initially - and of course the gendarmes carry guns in the street as a matter of course... )
Not going to harp on about this but since l live in France and obviously l can only observe what happens in my area but yes the restrictions were comprehensive and people stuck to them because they were sensible and we were given clear instructions about what we could or could not do. And yes the police carry guns and yes l was stopped when driving to take my dog for treatment at the vets. As it happened l had not filled out my reason for travel paperwork correctly but the police helped with that and off l went . Just one small example of the way things are !^_^

woodbutcher

Veteran
Lord...and I thought I was a snob! :laugh:
s.n.o.b. "surely not old boy":whistle:

Not going to harp on about this but since l live in France and obviously l can only observe what happens in my area but yes the restrictions were comprehensive and people stuck to them because they were sensible and we were given clear instructions about what we could or could not do. And yes the police carry guns and yes l was stopped when driving to take my dog for treatment at the vets. As it happened l had not filled out my reason for travel paperwork correctly but the police helped with that and off l went . Just one small example of the way things are !^_^

The police are very helpful with travel arrangements under lockdown in the UK as well.

Just ask Dominic Cummings.

Top Bottom