Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Booster for me will be Fri. Must get in my rides next couple of days in case side effects.

I have never understood the anti mask issues, it's really nothing that impacts anyone at all, it's not painful, I can't see how people link it to being oppressed, if they truly believe it's oppression they need to take a huge reality check.

It just seems like a bunch of snowflakes who like to moan about things.

I don't believe the masks offer much if any protection from what I read before Covid hit but if it puts other people at ease then why not wear one.
I do think there is an argument just like in the dreaded helmet debates that if you think you are safer because of a helmet/mask you will take more risks and open yourself up to more chance of injury/illness.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't believe the masks offer much if any protection from what I read before Covid hit but if it puts other people at ease then why not wear one.
I do think there is an argument just like in the dreaded helmet debates that if you think you are safer because of a helmet/mask you will take more risks and open yourself up to more chance of injury/illness.
The mask is to stop the possibility of you infecting others, not others infecting you.
Unless you go full face and filter all incoming air.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes I know that, reason I said if it puts others at ease, if it was to protect the wearer I would not wear one.
And you followed that by saying a person wearing a mask would take more risks.
What's wrong with wearing one to provide protection for yourself?

And you followed that by saying a person wearing a mask would take more risks.
Go onto social media and you will see people think the masks offer protection for themseles as well as others.

What's wrong with wearing one to provide protection for yourself?

You just answered that in your first post to me, they don't offer protection to the user.

Johnno260

Veteran

To be honest even if it’s a low % chance I will take that, it’s better than nothing for no effort.

To be honest even if it’s a low % chance I will take that, it’s better than nothing for no effort.

Like I said if it puts people at ease why not wear one.

classic33

Leg End Member
You just answered that in your first post to me, they don't offer protection to the user.
Howabout you stick to posting what was actually posted and not adding to it. More truthful that way.

Was actually

Post remains unedited by me.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I can report, after a bus journey today, that women are immune to covid. A few on the bus wore masks to hide their beards/goatees. Only a few. That's the law enfarced when we need a different vowel in there.

Top Bottom