Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tourists generally seem to have problem with mask wearing as most are English and see no reason to obey Scottish law.
Hardly surprising since they apparently see no reason to obey English law either!

geocycle

Legendary Member
Went to my youngest son's graduation ceremony yesterday. We were required to show vaccination proof on entry. Masks had to be worn throughout and security staff were reminding people to put them on. No shaking of hands but a pat on the shoulder instead for each graduate

Thats interesting I’ve got one in a couple of weeks. I’ll be on the stage in the fancy dress! Was wondering what sort of measures might be introduced. At least I have the perfect excuse for not belting out the national anthem this year. Son had his in summer and there was no contact at all, staff wore masks, the audience, apart from me, largely didn’t.

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Hopefully it's evasion from natural immunity doesn't translate to the same evasion from immunity provided by vaccination.

As the current plan seems to be running 50,000 positive tests a day offset by "vaccinating the way out of the pandemic" its fingers crossed........

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Hopefully it's evasion from natural immunity doesn't translate to the same evasion from immunity provided by vaccination.

As the current plan seems to be running 50,000 positive tests a day offset by "vaccinating the way out of the pandemic" its fingers crossed........

When you say “its evasion” to what are you referring? The evidence is that Omicron is more transmissible, but no evidence it causes more serious illness (than previous variants).

midlife

Guru
Evasion suggests it manages to infect people with antibodies / immunity from natural infection with non omicron variant or from vaccines. Not related to disease severity.

Julia9054

Guru
Thats interesting I’ve got one in a couple of weeks. I’ll be on the stage in the fancy dress! Was wondering what sort of measures might be introduced. At least I have the perfect excuse for not belting out the national anthem this year. Son had his in summer and there was no contact at all, staff wore masks, the audience, apart from me, largely didn’t.
Everyone on stage wore masks but took them off to speak. It was the Royal Northern College of Music so they had a student operatic tenor accompanied by the organ to sing the National Anthem.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-59516131
at 13:47. A fairly 'armless way to try and avoid the vaccine.

Milzy

Guru
80% on train not wearing masks. They are not allowed to enforce it.
However it’s ok to go into a pub with no mask isn’t it? Especially kissing everyone in the pub a lot more than usual this festive season.
People may call them selfish but I don’t blame them the way the rules are chopped & changed constantly.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
80% on train not wearing masks. They are not allowed to enforce it.
However it’s ok to go into a pub with no mask isn’t it? Especially kissing everyone in the pub a lot more than usual this festive season.
People may call them selfish but I don’t blame them the way the rules are chopped & changed constantly.
Isn't it more a case of basic common sense and personal responsibility?

Alex321

Veteran
Most people in the real world don’t give a hoot. Cold world.
One day, you should try meeting some of these people in the "real world" you keep talking of. I have seen zero evidence to support your ridiculous hypothesis about them, and I suspect if you actually met a few you would realise it is just wrong.

Top Bottom