Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
1st thought this was mocked up but it's official. Whitty looks to have got to breaking point what ever was said it's clear someone has had enough of being ignored. It's says all you need know about the governments handling of this.
Only one person in the room is in control more of a worry is Hancock sulking in the corner.
50124099407_9565ceee07_o.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
1st thought this was mocked up but it's official. Whitty looks to have got to breaking point what ever was said it's clear someone has had enough of being ignored. It's says all you need know about the governments handling of this.
Only one person in the room is in control more of a worry is Hancock sulking in the corner.
View attachment 547959

WTF is Cummings doing there ?

tom73

Guru
They were looking at seconding dental students to Track and Trace. Their clinical activity has dropped due to clinic closures and had spare time....

Things like that sound common sense to me at least they know more about things guess they can't make money from that though.
Do you know why nothing happened ?

midlife

Guru
Things like that sound common sense to me at least they know more about things guess they can't make money from that though.
Do you know why nothing happened ?

There's so much going on under the radar at the moment.

I think our hospital is quietly emptying itself but officially we are at 80% pre-covid activity as directed by phase 3 of the restart stuff.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So there is an inverse relationship in the short term between how much we open our economy and how many people die from Coronavirus

I wonder what society considers to be the correct balance here? We could totally lock down our economy (again) and get the deaths down to something like zero. Or we could completely unlock everything in which case deaths will probably be back into the hundreds or even thousands per day. Or it could be somewhere between the two

Currently we're at twenty odd deaths per day and rising. I wonder what the "optimal" (a rather unfortunate word but I can't think of a better one) deaths per day is?

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
You will never get the government to admit that there is an acceptable level of deaths as this will result in the tagline 'Boris the granny killer'.

Ideally you would want the levels of infections to be steady to plan healthcare but this is incompatible with the exponential growth we have seen. A target maximum number could easily be exceeded very quickly.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Appears to be some news breaking about fining people that don't isolate

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...llegal-in-bid-to-tackle-second-spike-12076577
They already have the power to do that under the Public Health Act. Just get the Test and Trace services issuing quarantine orders. Breaking those is illegal and I think you can even be locked up in a secure hospital for the duration of your illness for doing so. It could start tonight but Boris doesn't want to scare the sheep and stop them spending.

The choice is economic damage now to control the virus or more economic damage later after it runs rampant. Our short term governments usually pick jam today and let tomorrow be some other government's problem.

Top Bottom