Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
This is going well over heard some shop staff already working out how to get round having a wear a face covering at work. :sad:
Some believe that it's ok when on the till as they are behind a plastic screen. As if that magically stops anything.
Cant blame them in the slightest. I dont expect having to wear a mask for 8 hours is the most pleasant experience, nor the most hygenic.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Got my home test kit and booked courier for Thursday. You are not meant to do the test until the day the courier is coming. So that gives me time to read the instructions and watch the video. Test needs to be done by 8am on day of collection.

This is part of the wider COVID 19 study NHS / Imperial College are doing. I’ve also signed up so they can follow my health for the next 20 years. I’m always interested in these longer term studies on health, particularly as I age. Results of COVID test will come back within the week.

5EB2B99F-BF9B-4560-B333-E3B05DFA9FCA.jpeg

pawl

Legendary Member
I always knew where to get a late drink, you had to be in before closing though, the 'Shoulder Of Mutton' in Dunton Bassett was a good un, I've come out of there when it's been getting light.

I knew how to get round that too, the 'Four Seasons Motel' in Narborough opened under a Hotel Licence and also had a Restaurant 'Open to non residents', great place to while away a Sunday afternoon. :cheers:

That’s near to me.Never been in Shoulder Of Mutton Used to live just down the road from where I used to live in Broughton Astley Worked at the knitwear factory Turner and Jarvis Surprised to see it is now a housing estate.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Cant blame them in the slightest. I dont expect having to wear a mask for 8 hours is the most pleasant experience, nor the most hygenic.
Sorry that one don't cut it with me HCP's and others manage for much longer than that and wearing ones much more uncountable. They also don't have the luxury of air con either.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Got my home test kit and booked courier for Thursday. You are not meant to do the test until the day the courier is coming. So that gives me time to read the instructions and watch the video. Test needs to be done by 8am on day of collection.

This is part of the wider COVID 19 study NHS / Imperial College are doing. I’ve also signed up so they can follow my health for the next 20 years. I’m always interested in these longer term studies on health, particularly as I age. Results of COVID test will come back within the week.

View attachment 548585
Let us know whether the waiting time for results is accurate. I've done 3 weekly tests for the ONS survey, was told 8 - 10 day delay, and I still haven't had any back.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
So my old neighbours are coming up for a short break next week. Now they can’t pop into the house and sit several feet away from me on the couch, but I can go out for a meal and sit inches away from them at a table. No wonder people are getting fed up and confused.

Sorry that one don't cut it with me HCP's and others manage for much longer than that and wearing ones much more uncountable. They also don't have the luxury of air con either.

With my job (and breathing problems, not lungs etc) I really don't want to be wearing a mask for 8 hrs. I get very hot and sweaty so very uncomfortable I don't have close contact with others either.

classic33

Leg End Member
I wrote "mainly" :tongue:

Well, why did we stop doing that?

"The Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing Bill will encourage a more civilised culture in pubs, bars and restaurants and increase choice for consumers. It will be based on clear objectives—preventing crime; reducing disorder and public nuisance; ensuring public safety; and protecting children from harm. [...] Most widely trailed, there will be potential for 24-hour opening seven days a week to help minimise, not increase, the public disorder which results from artificially early closing." (Tessa Jowell as Culture Minister, introducing the change)

The middle of a pandemic is no time to be failing to learn from history by resurrecting old traditions which were abandoned for very good reasons!
You put " Why should it be mainly stuff that makes people happy that gets restricted and not anything that involves payment?" Pubs not taking payment!

If the pubs can't manage to do it, they get made to. Safety of the public comes over profit.

There's no resurrecting old traditions, it's simply a case of they can't manage simple instructions, like taking correct contact details. Or maintaining the agreed distance. All conditions agreed to, before they were allowed to re-open in the first place.

tom73

Guru
With my job (and breathing problems, not lungs etc) I really don't want to be wearing a mask for 8 hrs. I get very hot and sweaty so very uncomfortable I don't have close contact with others either.
Then you and others need understanding from others. The ones who just either can't be bothered or try and find ways around it are just making it all that harder for ones who really can't. Many of whom have at least tried to wear them.

classic33

Leg End Member
Then you and others need understanding from others. The ones who just either can't be bothered or try and find ways around it are just making it all that harder for ones who really can't. Many of whom have at least tried to wear them.
Easier said than done. Not everything that might make wearing one hard is visible, therefore if you're not wearing one you're at fault. You can even be denied services by not wearing one.

Loose material over the mouth/nose has been chewed before today, and the single use masks are not very tasty.

Top Bottom