Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
download and set up is trivial.

So did I every time I turn it off I had to set it up all over again. Now if that is happening every time you need to do that people will stop using it.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...g-kong-add-britain-high-risk-coronavirus-list

UK travellers will need a negative Covid test result before boarding and quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. From next week.

Have to be a private test maybe Serco can set one up in competition with Serco track and trace. I'm sure Dido can help them.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
COVID 19 swab test done. The throat swab made me gag, so brief pause before doing other tonsil. The video instructions say that if you gag the swab is in the right place. Nose swab not half as bad in comparison.

Now in fridge awaiting courier.

tom73

Guru
Far more practically. Bluetooth LE if I'm in my bedroom or living room can be within 4 metres of back to back neighbours bedroom or living room. There's not a vanishingly small chance of over months that it never clocks up half an hour's worth of 4 metres within a 24 hour period (which includes errors). It easily travels into next door. Same problem at uni (which is interesting).
Reading the details say you can show this is happening or some other situation is leading to this. So you get told to isolate you can't challenge it. It was going to allow you to contact 111 and get the all clear that has now been removed. So if app says get a test even if you don't need one that's fine. But if you have want one even if you have a good idea you should you're told not to. It's not helping with building confidence.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
A uni friend went back to Japan and it's mandatory to have a coronavirus test at arrivals in Japan. It is a saliva test though.

PK99

Legendary Member
So did I every time I turn it off I had to set it up all over again. Now if that is happening every time you need to do that people will stop using it.

I've just tried turning scanning on and off and exiting the app. It turns on again with no problems

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
More on NHS App inc how it works out if your at risk of having covid.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54250736

I looked at Android market share for first half of 2020. Android 5.0 and below has 15% of the market share. So the app will (in theory) work on 85% of the android phones currently in use. So that’s high enough for it to be an useful tool if enough people install it and use it and carry phone when out and about.

tom73

Guru
What's the bit about risk in your neighbourhood like?
It works but gives bare minimum of what it means and very basic information on how to stay safe.
If you go outside your postcode area you can't change it.
When I say it works my area comes up as high risk with extra measures in place. Which is news to me case numbers are going up but not on the list yet.

tom73

Guru
I looked at Android market share for first half of 2020. Android 5.0 and below has 15% of the market share. So the app will (in theory) work on 85% of the android phones currently in use. So that’s high enough for it to be an useful tool if enough people install it and use it and carry phone when out and about.
Take up is a real problem no county has got it high enough.
The trial area for this app only got one in ten , Scotland is only just pushing around one in 5 after two weeks.
Even Ireland which has no lack of confidence in it's app is at one in three that's after it came out in July.
Having Hancock this morning pushing this and coming across as totally arrogant is not a great start.
We need more boots on the ground not a machine that go's ping this will not fix that problem.

Top Bottom