Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
what's that spike from October onwards?

That spike in October is approximately 6 weeks (50 daysish) after 'he paid people to go to the pub', which for a disease with a roughly 10 day incubation period could also be termed 'irrelevant' in terms of Eat Out to Help Out.

Still, as ever on here, you can't just say "Yeah, sorry about that, I got that bit wrong" :laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
So Boris should have over-ridden this country's own Chief Medical Officer and its own Chief Scientific Adviser and its own Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, to follow the advice of a body that had told the world there was no risk of human to human transmission. Sure.
Yes.

one group has never handled a pandemic before, the other has.

and let's not forget Boris' experts are the ones who likely advised the strategy of Herd Immunity (AKA, do nothing)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What I find even more perplexing is the suggestion is that he has any responsibility for Philip's death!
It's about Boris cancelling a photoshoot of him having jollies in a pub garden in the wake of Philip's death, which might appear somewhat distasteful. Yet in the wake of over a hundred thousand Corvid Deaths, a picture of Boris enjoying a pint would have been spiffing, had Philip not died.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What I find even more perplexing is the suggestion is that he has any responsibility for Philip's death!
Only a tiny bit. Boris Is the current leader of the nation that the Duke was a citizen of. Or do you think the PM takes no responsibility for the well-being of citizens? Or something else?

If I was being cynical, I would argue that Boris was somewhat responsible because the NHS was in such a state that the Duke went private for his recent illness, but I believe that is more due to tradition and security than a royal judgment on the NHS.

Yes.

one group has never handled a pandemic before, the other has.

and let's not forget Boris' experts are the ones who likely advised the strategy of Herd Immunity (AKA, do nothing)
This is another (bizarre) example of damning a politician whichever way he jumps.

Along similar lines to @mjr , who has the cheek to blame Boris ("a bit") for Prince Philip's death, whilst acknowledging that the Prince had steered clear of the NHS!

Bonkers :laugh:

Ignoring the advice of the WHO was reckless. I truly question the intelligence of all those who defend Boris' on this.
Let's just review the facts here. You answered YES to this question:
"
So Boris should have over-ridden this country's own Chief Medical Officer and its own Chief Scientific Adviser and its own Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, to follow the advice of a body that had told the world there was no risk of human to human transmission?
"

Top Bottom