Correct size frame, an age old question, but again..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
You don't - a good bike fitter will take all your measurements using a jig & computer software to work out what is required for you. Then you can look at the all frame measurements of the bike you would like
I only get my bike fits done by a Physio who don't rely on software. I paid for a retul fit a few years ago, a waste of £150 as the guy had no knowledge when I told him about my history of joint issues and didn’t seem interested in comfort. Even so, he still did the fit on my bike, why should I have to pay all that cash for a service and still adjust things

Fair enough if ymv

iluvmybike

Über Member
I only get my bike fits done by a Physio who don't rely on software. I paid for a retul fit a few years ago, a waste of £150 as the guy had no knowledge when I told him about my history of joint issues and didn’t seem interested in comfort. Even so, he still did the fit on my bike, why should I have to pay all that cash for a service and still adjust things

Fair enough if ymv
There's no need to pay silly money - our local LBS charges £50 but refunds that if you buy a bike from him. And he is a BC coach so he knows what he's talking about - he made adjustments to take into account my dodgy knee. I have been able to use those figures on the new bikes I have susbsequently have to get them fully set up and he referred back to them to check right frame size was got for my road bike

OP
OP
midliferider
Well, there is new twist to the story. My son found a used bike and bought it for me. But he did not realised that its infact Large. His excuse was that seller said it is Medium and he did not checked it. It is certainly too big for me. Therefore I am going to sell it. I will soon place an ad here. I am asking for £200 but please make an offer.

Top Bottom