Votes: 1 1.4%
  • £50.00

• £60.00

• Or more.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
£125 ! What do you get for that ?

Access to all the coached sessions, which includes the track sessions
and erm.. thats it :sad:

fimm

Veteran
Access to all the coached sessions, which includes the track sessions
and erm.. thats it :sad:
"track sessions" will be where the cost is - I pay £100 a year for my triathlon club membership but that gives me as many swim sessions as I want - I usually do two per week and even at that it is a bargain given how much one individual session at the local pool is (I'm not saying that our local pool is expensive, but that the tri club sessions cost less). (There are different levels of membership depending on how many swim sessions you want to do - basic, with no swimming, is £25).

Big Andy

Über Member
I suspect our leader believes a bunch of middle aged men and women would 'play the game' and not seek to unfairly blame him for any mishap.

Seems to me that's not such a big risk as some might think.

He nominally leads a ride every fortnight, on the alternate Sundays we take a group decision on the route and destination.

For those rides there is no real leader, it's just a group of cyclists heading for the same cafe stop.

Even on the led rides, route change decisions can be taken on the hoof, or rather pedal.

Hard to see how any significant liability could fairly be ascribed to the leader in those circumstances.
I am involved with sports adminstration and deal with liability insurance on a regular basis, not cycling btw, and I can see how a ride leader could be held liable for an incident, unlikely to be one of the ride participants making the claim against the leader but could be a 3rd party not involved with the cycling group, as an example of the top of my head, say a vehicle gets damaged and it is unclear to the owner which rider casued the damage he may make a claim against the rider leader or the group organisers. With the "no win no fee" culture that abounds solicitors often take a scattergun approach to try to ensure a win and may advise an individual to make a claim against as many "targets" as possible.

And to answer the Op I paid £8 yesterday to join Leicester Spokes.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am in a club of one. Membership is free and there are no regular meetings. Deciding on rides is between me and myself and I always take the last decision. Arguments are also always resolved to my satisfaction and my single club is very democratic: one man one vote. I also have the chairman's deciding vote. Overall, very happy with my club.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I am in a club of one. Membership is free and there are no regular meetings. Deciding on rides is between me and myself and I always take the last decision. Arguments are also always resolved to my satisfaction and my single club is very democratic: one man one vote. I also have the chairman's deciding vote. Overall, very happy with my club.
You're lucky. My club of one is terrible. It takes ages to come to any decision, its really cliquey and there are constant arguments.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
You're lucky. My club of one is terrible. It takes ages to come to any decision, its really cliquey and there are constant arguments.
My club of one makes excellent and speedy decisions but they're frequently overruled.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Yeah, but all the members are bastards :smile:

huggy

You should put the fees up then you could spend the clubs surplus funds on club kit.

StuartG

slower but further
You should put the fees up then you could spend the clubs surplus funds on club kit.
errm - it took us three years to try and decide on the design of our new kit. And that was only because the President stamped her foot - said no more discussion - and here is what you are having ... it worked, everybody loves it!

Top Bottom