Cost of hi vis jackets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all

I don't like washing my jacket because I think the waterproofness decreases every time it goes in the machine

But the other day it was basically filthy
not only traces of mud (most had been washed off by rain - but the collar and cuffs were pretty much black where it contacts with skin

so I washed it - much better now

but it made me realise that it is getting seriously frayed and work in many places - so a new one may be needed soon

I remember that I got it because it seemed cheap and easy to see - and has some reflective bits
but mostly cheap

so today - after seeing something on here about accessories - I decided to look up the price
Muddy fix cycling jacket

on manufacturers web site - £49
same sort of price elsewhere
WHAT - that ain't cheap - I could get an expensive one for not much more

then I tried SPorts Direct
£16
OK - I get bulk buying and volume's effect on prices

but that seems massive!!!

anyway - thought I would post it so people know (I would hate someone to pay £49 and then find it can be had for £16

and for any comments

Err muddy fox are owned by sports direct.
I'm sure those savings are real though :laugh:

roley poley

Über Member
images.jpeg
I use one of these called a hi-viz long sleeve jerkin for under £5 found in Leeds market or on line

You can get Hi Viz mesh gilets too v cheaply. Just bung over whatever you're wearing. You'd not want a thick reflective top on a summers night ?

classic33

Leg End Member

DRM

Guru
I think the Muddy Fox jackets are dreadful, made the mistake of getting one when I first got back into cycling and didn’t know better, it’s not waterproof and is a boil in the bag thing, dreadful, there is much better out there.

Top Bottom