could i get a day off uni as a result?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trillian

do you think this would wash?

dear tutor,

much to my distress I have found out that my heart rate rests so low (52BPM) when at rest, including times when I am sat at my computer working.
this results in me being regarded as Bradcardic and as such I need to go regularly to have my heart rate pushed back to the 70BPM average, as such I may be absent from one or two lectures for the foreseeable future,

me.

Trillian said:
do you think this would wash?

dear tutor,

much to my distress I have found out that my heart rate rests so low (52BPM) when at rest, including times when I am sat at my computer working.
this results in me being regarded as Bradcardic and as such I need to go regularly to have my heart rate pushed back to the 70BPM average, as such I may be absent from one or two lectures for the foreseeable future,

me.

Nope.
Some of them are dinosaurs so they'll have RHRs of 30bpm and still manage to stand there and teach.

simoncc

A day off university - I had 4 months off in my final year and nobody knew or cared. And I wasn't the only one by any means, but then in those days as long as you passed the end of year exams nobody cared where you were or what you were doing the rest of the time.

byegad

Legendary Member
I've had a low resting Heart Rate for decades. How is this a problem? Should I worry as at 56, over-weight and Asthmatic I still beat around 40bpm at rest?

bonj2

simoncc said:
A day off university - I had 4 months off in my final year and nobody knew or cared. And I wasn't the only one by any means, but then in those days as long as you passed the end of year exams nobody cared where you were or what you were doing the rest of the time.

4 months?:biggrin: pah! that's nothing.
In my final year no-one at the uni even knew who I was...

simoncc

bonj said:
4 months?:biggrin: pah! that's nothing.
In my final year no-one at the uni even knew who I was...

Same here. That's what it were like in the old days. Register in October, exams in May/June, degree certificate in the post in late July of year 3.

I did have to attend a degree ceremony though in the September when my parents made it clear to me that all their friends had been to degree ceremonies for their kids, had the photographs to prove it, and that they didn't intend to miss out especially after all the money they'd paid me. The university asked me to return the degree certificate so the Duchess of somewhere could give it me back.

Noodley

University nowadays seems to be a bit more "serious" with targets to achieve. When I went to Uni I made an effort in 1st and 2nd year. In 3rd year I went to less than bare minimum classes (and nobody really gave a shoot) and in 4th year I went to 2 lectures and spent most of my time drinking, playing footie, and going to Amsterdam. Nobody seemed to care too much. I turned up for exams and passed.

When I went back a few years ago to do my Masters it had all changed, loads of targets to meet, none of which seemed to be related to "knowledge" - I did not buy into it at all, but the pressure on the undergrads was obvious. I was able to "stick two fingers up" to it all, but few of them seemed to enjoy it. Kinda misses the point of being young and the future ahead of you....

Dave5N

Über Member
Anyway, a day off Uni?

How would you tell the difference?

Would you have to get up early (without a hangover and with someone you had met at least three times before) and do some work or something ??

Top Bottom