Could not sleep last night. Should I still ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
Could not sleep last night but I want to cycle to work. I don't want to drive in or take a bus.

Also my local bike shop owner said he doesn't cycle when he is tired he is very experienced, he has his own MTB team and had been riding for a long time.

Anyone else cycle while tired?

uclown2002

Guru
OMFG ^_^

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I always cycle to and from work, even when tired. I just take more care when I'm tired. Ultimately it's up to you, though: if you don't feel confident enough that you'll be aware of your surroundings, then don't ride.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Also my local bike shop owner said he doesn't cycle when he is tired

He probably meant when his legs are tired!

Cycling is ideal when you're tired! The fresh air will wake you up and the endorphines will relax you and clear your mind for the next night's sleep!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Cycling is ideal when you're tired! The fresh air will wake you up and the endorphines will relax you and clear your mind for the next night's sleep!
Yes, I find the same. Cycling is a wonderful cure for various ailments, isn't it? :smile: I had a bit of a concentration headache as I left work yesterday afternoon, and it just vanished before I rode halfway home :biggrin:.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Could not sleep last night but I want to cycle to work. I don't want to drive in or take a bus.

Also my local bike shop owner said he doesn't cycle when he is tired he is very experienced, he has his own MTB team and had been riding for a long time.

Anyone else cycle while tired?
are you from another planet - some of your posts are just weird

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Hi Soup890, I may have sucker written right across my forehead :blush: but, you seem very keen to soak up advice from others and have come to just the right forum to do that! There's oodles of advice offered here about all aspects of cycling.
In order for you to get the very best help from fellow CC'ers, it may help if you gave us a little bit of information on things like - your age, how long you've been cycling, where you like/have to ride and any other background info. you think may be relevant, so advice given can be tailored to suit your individual needs
Also, do you have cycling buddies or a local club that you ride with(always a rich source of valuable advice)? Your lbs should be able to give you information on various courses re: riding ability and/or bike management as they become available in your area.
If I'm barking up the wrong tree then fair enough, just carry on posting all your random thoughts and be prepared to receive all our random answers ^_^

Top Bottom