Could not sleep last night. Should I still ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I took the car the other night but i had been awake for 36 hours already after 1st night shift and no sleep because the kids were off school as well , i only survived by drinking Sainsburys Bull all night , in the last 4 shifts i have probably had 3-4 hours sleep each "day " if i was lucky .
Feel like my head wants to implode , thank feck i have only 1 shift to go !

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
I took the car the other night but i had been awake for 36 hours already after 1st night shift and no sleep because the kids were off school as well , i only survived by drinking Sainsburys Bull all night , in the last 4 shifts i have probably had 3-4 hours sleep each "day " if i was lucky .
Feel like my head wants to implode , thank feck i have only 1 shift to go !
I thought my post were weird ?

Ciar

Veteran
I have a two year old daughter, who happily keeps me and the wife perma tired... i relish getting up and getting out the house on the bike!

uclown2002

Guru
Is must be awfully tiring thinking real hard about the next day's dumb question, so I'll give you this one free to use so that you can take the night off and be refreshed tomorrow:-

"I find that when I cycle uphill it is so much harder than cycling downhill, and my legs hurt; is this normal and what can I do about it?"
Cut and paste and job done!
^_^

Last edited:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Generally if it's just sleepy tired, then being out in the fresh air wakes me up, and it would be more likely that I would feel sleepy either just after lunch or in the evening. If it's physically exhausted, I probably would still cycle but much slower, and I would be aware my reaction times would be slower so I might try to adjust my route to avoid the bits where I felt I needed more concentration than I actually had.

As someone else said the worst thing for concentration is being emotionally upset/angry at something either on or off the bike. If something happens with a motorist, you need to not brood on it, you can do that at the end of the journey. When I do brood, I end up making more mistakes.

Bryony

Veteran
I've suffered from insomnia for 6 years I only get about 1-3 hours sleep a night (4 hours is considered a good nights sleep for me! )

I usually get up feeling more tired than when I went to bed but I always find a blast on my bike in the fresh air does me the world of good!

drowsy-drivers-die1.jpg

DRHysted

Guru
I suppose if I didn't do things because I was tired, I'd probably get nothing done. In 30 minutes time I'll be cycling home, very tired, wind is starting to gust, and it's pissing down.
The strange thing is I'll be smiling the entire journey.

Top Bottom