Could not sleep last night. Should I still ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
Try being a middle-aged menopausal woman and you will see what lack of sleep is! I seem to get by on about 4 hours per night and have been cycling 30 - 50 miles most mornings recently, so get yourself out there.
Fair play I can't argue with that at all.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I cycle home from night shifts completely knackered sometimes and feel much better within first 5 minutes of the ride.

One thing I dont do is ride when angry or upset about something. You really are an accident (or a fight with a motorist) waiting to happen in that condition.

If you want to cycle off aggression find a quite hill nearby and keep doing reps up it until you fall off with exhaustion, by then you will have forgotten why you are pi$$ed off.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cycling 11 miles to work is classed as an extreme sport? :ohmy:

It is to 95% of the population !

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
[QUOTE 3046035, member: 30090"]The day I'm too tired to cycle into work is the day I take off sick.[/QUOTE]
Hey, you stole my motto, give it back! :laugh: I know that if I'm not physically capable of riding to work, then I'm definitely too sick to work.

ayceejay

Guru
11 miles back AND 11 miles there now there's the rub. The 11 miles back is no problem but lying awake thinking about the 11 miles there and what happens when you get there IS a problem. If I am correct and this is what gives you a sleepless night I suggest you concentrate on the riding and blank the bit in the middle or change your job.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You will generally feel much better after a ride. I've been through a long period of time with very poor sleep, post surgery, but still rode to work - felt much more 'human' at the other end.

Top Bottom