Countdown to my Next Bike Ride......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Spin is the work of the Devil!

Hallelujah!!:cheers: I thought it was just me who thought so.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
NBR -1:bicycle:(just)

I went for a cheeky test ride this afternoon !
Less than a mile up and down the local hilly roads.

I wanted to know what to plan for tomorrow.
The good news is that I can still ride a bike and even unclip.
The bad news is that my thumb is not strong enough to use the left brake to stop safely.

I'll have to keep trying...

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Bike Ride Day :bicycle:

Well ... Guess what? I did it. ^_^

Last night I considered why it was so hard today.
This morning I decided that my hand was sore and tired yesterday from the physio in the morning .
I thought that I should have another go today before I'd made the hand sore with the exercises.
So -
A very cautious 20 mile anticlockwise loop with very few junctions.
It still hurt a little to brake and change gear but I managed to avoid doing either very much.
I tried to use my core as much as possible to avoid putting much pressure on the bars but I still needed to stop twice to give my hands a rest.
Plus I was tired, though my legs were ok.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The good news is that I can still ride a bike and even unclip.
The bad news is that my thumb is not strong enough to use the left brake to stop safely.
It still hurt a little to brake and change gear but I managed to avoid doing either very much.
Well done! :bravo:

As long as the road surface isn't slippery then you can safely do all your braking with the front brake anyway, and you could stick on one chainring. That should take most of the strain off your left hand? :whistle:

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Well done! :bravo:

As long as the road surface isn't slippery then you can safely do all your braking with the front brake anyway, and you could stick on one chainring. That should take most of the strain off your left hand? :whistle:
I only needed to change into the middle ring once to get up the last unavoidable hill.
My right hand was also a bit achy by the end. I was putting more weight on it plus it was sprained in the accident too and I have been doing most things with just the ride hand until very recently. I have to keep reminding myself to use both hands now.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I have now done 4 rides of 20, 15, 22 and 17 miles, the 2 shorter ones were due to the weather. I'm really hoping the next ride on Sunday is not icy. I am still avoiding evening rides in the dark.
Last night was my 3rd spin class and the first one when I managed to stand up for a few minutes at the end.

Top Bottom