Covid Vaccine: Direct experience of side effects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It seems that I now also glow in the dark.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
AZ - 1st jab, aching joints for a couple of days accompanied by a feeling of hot and cold flushes, but no temperature or headache. Wife had the Pfizer vaccine 1st jab and felt fine afterwards .... accused me of being a ‘wuss’ but we all know that’s simply not true - more live vaccine in the AZ one more likely :whistle:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I had the Oxford one and I wont be having the 2nd.I felt really dizzy and its a miracle I didn't fall over/faint in the city centre afterwards. There was absolutely nowhere to sit down either apart from the ground. I've seen people collapse in town before and people just ignore them thinking they are either drug addicts or alcoholics.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I had the Oxford one and I wont be having the 2nd.I felt really dizzy and its a miracle I didn't fall over/faint in the city centre afterwards. There was absolutely nowhere to sit down either apart from the ground. I've seen people collapse in town before and people just ignore them thinking they are either drug addicts or alcoholics.

So why aren't you having the second dose? Just get a lift there, go home and relax for a while.

I don't think it is really the fault of the AZ jab that there are no chairs to sit on is it?

Kingfisher101

Über Member
So why aren't you having the second dose? Just get a lift there, go home and relax for a while.

I don't think it is really the fault of the AZ jab that there are no chairs to sit on is it?
No its the fault of the council for taking up all the benches in the city.
If I had known how dizzy it made me I wouldn't have had the first one. TBH I think the whole thing is a load of exaggerated rubbish.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If I had known how dizzy it made me I wouldn't have had the first one. TBH I think the whole thing is a load of exaggerated rubbish.

I cycled 10 miles off road next to a canal there and back getting my jab (wann't worried about falling in). No worries. I suspect it wasn't the jab that caused the dizzyness - anxiety ?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
3 million would disagree with you, if they weren't now dead.
And more with long-term effects from long-covid.

Perhaps you're younger and have a good medical history (so far). And hey, you've got a bit of protection from one dose.

Good luck! 👍

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My father-in-law has nerve issues in his back and rare sleeps more than 3-4 hours before needing more painkillers.
Had his 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday morning at 8:30am, went straight home for a lie down on the sofa and didn't wake up until 1:30am; out cold for 15 hours!

No other issues; has been fine ever since.

Last edited:
AZ here; I had a sore arm for three days, the worst hangover ever the next day (headache, nausea and feeling cold) and then by day three bar the arm I was fine. My wife was cold and fatigued for three days and also a sore arm.

Neither of us were expecting such a bad reaction after the jab as we are normally completely fine with other jabs.

I suspect it is to do with the way the jab is made, it uses genetic code to teach the body how to react rather than a safe modified version of the virus.

I have got to give it to the NHS for the massive roll out and fast rate of vaccinations (it’s not really a vaccine as such as they don’t know if it stops you getting Covid yet, just reduces the side effects?). Hopefully, we will get to the point where infection rates are at an ok level, no more than flu rates and death rates are low too.

I suspect the lockdown easing on 12 April will be reversed in a few weeks if rates start to creep up in cities until more people have been jabbed as some city areas struggle for social distanced space.Supermarkets need to get rid of the one way system at the entrance as it doesn’t achieve anything as people mix when in the store anyway!

Top Bottom