Covid Vaccine: Direct experience of side effects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Had first dose of Astra Zeneca yesterday morning, and started with painful joints in hands within a few hours, progressed onto chills and aches ten hours later, to full raging temperature and chills through the night, headache and lack of energy in the morning, generally mild headache and weakness persisting into today..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
AZ yesterday, sore arm, enough not to be able to sleep on. Feeling dizzy /tired so went to bed at 8pm. Not quite 'right' this morning, so will take it easy.

lane

Veteran
I posted elsewhere but need to update here. I had quite bad flu like symptoms for a couple of days. Then I developed a painful rash on my forehead. Then my right eye swelled up to the point I could barely see out of it. I also had very swollen glands.

When my eye swelled up about a week after the vaccine I went to the Doctor and was prescribed steroids and high dose antihistamines. Was told it would be reported as an adverse reaction. Advised to consult GP before having a booster jab if required in future. Saw GP on Monday back to 70 mile bike ride the following Sunday although still didn't feel quite 100%. By following Tuesday felt fine.

Pfizer vaccine.

Effectively put me out of action for nearly two weeks.

alchurch

Both jab2 and booster had me off the bike for a couple of weeks each. Although I am back to riding now, I do not feel very lively. More specifically as the OP requested. HR about 1o beats up and rises rapidly during light to moderate exercise, poor body temperature control and a general fatigue level quite high, that does not respond to rest or sleep

My friend was telling me that he and a few others have had side effects with the booster jabs . Feeling exhausted the next day .
I'm not sure how I was after mine as it was a while ago .

icowden

Veteran
My friend was telling me that he and a few others have had side effects with the booster jabs . Feeling exhausted the next day .
I'm not sure how I was after mine as it was a while ago .

That was my symptom. Just a day of feeling very tired and not particularly hungry.

Ripple

Veteran
Jab1 and jab2 both Pfizer. Sore arm and couple of hours of fatigue next day.

Booster jab - vaccine unknown (forgot to ask) on Sunday.

Oh boy.

I was feeling like that when I was 15yo and had a very serious flu. Monday all day at work - somehow managed to do it. Night - soaked with sweat and horrible shivering. Today went to work but managed to do only 4 hours and went home. I feel like being stampeded by a herd of mad mammoths - my whole body hurts that bad.

I'm not an antivaxer but I really hope another booster won't be required ...

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Boosted with Moderna. All OK. Wife was a little rough for a day or two. Friend was a bit rough too.

vickster

Legendary Member

Oh boy.

I was feeling like that when I was 15yo and had a very serious flu. Monday all day at work - somehow managed to do it. Night - soaked with sweat and horrible shivering. Today went to work but managed to do only 4 hours and went home. I feel like being stampeded by a herd of mad mammoths - my whole body hurts that bad.

Would certainly be worth doing a test to confirm it's the booster not Covid infection causing the symptoms given how rampant it is
Have you take paracetamol/iburpofen to ease the aches?

icowden

Veteran

Oh boy.

Booster is likely also be pfizer. Interestingly that's about how I felt after the first jab. Could just be that your immune system has picked up.

Ripple

Veteran
@icowden

My sister and her husband were feeling the same as me after their booster jab.
My mother had no side effects at all with all 3 jabs (AZ, AZ and Pfizer)
Meanwhile my former colleague felt that awful after his jab1 (Pfizer) and was absolutely ok after jab2.
Current colleague couldn't get out of bed for 4 days after her jab1. Jab2 - everything was fine. Booster jab - 4 days off sick again.

So yeah, it depends entirely on an individual.

My work also provides LFT for free to whoever wants to do it.

Top Bottom