Covid Vaccine: Direct experience of side effects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had my booster today. It’s been fine but this past hour or so my arm feels like it’s been punched, there is definite swelling and a significant bruise. I feel bloody awful so off to bed. I am in for a hell of a headache. I can feel it settling in for the night.
Get better soon Saluki. Do you know if you've had Covid before the booster ?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Get better soon Saluki. Do you know if you've had Covid before the booster ?
Hi. I have not had covid, as far as I know. I had a false positive LFT, that the PCR test confirmed was not covid.
My arm feels like it’s been punched, this morning. I feel better after an early night.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Cross posting as pertinent to this thread also:

This recently reported research is interesting
Nocebo responses explain up to 76% of COVID vaccine (systemic) side effects

Some vaccine side effects are very real, but many may be anxiety and mis-attribution.
The harmless interventions (ie faux vaccines in the control half of a trial) can lead people to report harmful side effects, particularly when people are expecting such side effects. Researchers have coined these phantom adverse reactions "nocebo responses." Nocebo responses are thought to stem from expectations of side effects, anxiety-induced effects, and the mistaken attribution of common, non-specific ailments, like headaches, to the placebo.

This Harvard study quantified just how big a role they played: it used meta-analysis (18 Jan JAMA Network Open). It looked at vaccine side-effect data from the many clinical trials. It concluded that nocebo responses accounted for 76% of systemic adverse reactions—like headache, fever, and chills—after the first vaccine dose and 52% of systemic reactions after the second vaccine dose.

There was a clear difference in the local (eg upper arm) side effects. Only 16% of placebo recipients reported local side effects, like pain or swelling at the injection site, while 67% of the vaccine group reported such effects.

Overall the nocebo response rate clearly seems to be skewing our experience with COVID-19 vaccines: the researchers argue that highlighting the potential for nocebo responses could reduce side effects and help improve vaccine uptake.

Probably real. There's been a vaccine claims team for years for all of the various vaccines given out.
The chances of damage are far outweighed by the various diseases though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Can I claim for failure of getting 5g and being able to output 2000w over an hour ?

I feel short changed, nothing has changed, no two heads, now't.

I might sue them, as ever since the vaccine I’ve had Justin Beiber singing in my head. I need them to retune the chip.

Can I claim for failure of getting 5g and being able to output 2000w over an hour ?

I feel short changed, nothing has changed, no two heads, now't.

I read the jab would make me magnetic and I was really looking forward to that - whenever I clean my knitting machines I'm sure to drop some needles and with me being magnetic, they wouldn't have fallen far. But it didn't work! I want to sue those dumbclucks who promised me that. Even after three jabs, the needles still fall everywhere if they are loose. My standard machine has 420 needles in total and that is a lot to pick up one by one from the floor ...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I read the jab would make me magnetic and I was really looking forward to that - whenever I clean my knitting machines I'm sure to drop some needles and with me being magnetic, they wouldn't have fallen far. But it didn't work! I want to sue those dumbclucks who promised me that. Even after three jabs, the needles still fall everywhere if they are loose. My standard machine has 420 needles in total and that is a lot to pick up one by one from the floor ...

420 needles, ah knitting machine ? Magnetic properties only work for sewing machines I've been told.

Top Bottom