Covid Vaccine: Direct experience of side effects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Had jabs for everything from yellow fever to veils disease without any effect whatsoever .... until the “booster” ... sick as a dog for nearly a week ... almost as bad as covid itself...

Had jabs for everything from yellow fever to veils disease without any effect whatsoever .... until the “booster” ... sick as a dog for nearly a week ... almost as bad as covid itself...
Interesting. My friend who had contracted Covid was rough with the booster so I wonder if it's worse for you if you'd had Covid previously.

vickster

Legendary Member
Interesting. My friend who had contracted Covid was rough with the booster so I wonder if it's worse for you if you'd had Covid previously.
A doctor friend of mine definitely said that can be the case (and one reason she suggested I hold off getting the booster for 3 months, as well as having vaccine and virus antibodies). Could also be a reason why everyone has to wait 28 days for vaccination post infection?

classic33

Leg End Member
Antibiotics* normally, as there is no human vaccine against it.

*It's what I was given in tablet form.

Landsurfer

Veteran
A doctor friend of mine definitely said that can be the case (and one reason she suggested I hold off getting the booster for 3 months, as well as having vaccine and virus antibodies). Could also be a reason why everyone has to wait 28 days for vaccination post infection?
Antibiotics* normally, as there is no human vaccine against it.

*It's what I was given in tablet form.
Who said vaccine ... antibiotics through a needle in the back of my hand .... thats a big jab ...

vickster

Legendary Member
Who said vaccine ... antibiotics through a needle in the back of my hand .... thats a big jab ...
Eh I never said anything about antibiotics?
I was responding to the poster who was asking about having a strong reaction to the vaccine having previously had Covid due to antibodies

Last edited:

Landsurfer

Veteran
Maybe he meant Lyme’s disease? Or more probably tick-borne encephalitis for which there is a vaccine
I was responding to classic 33 ...

vickster

Legendary Member

Attachments

• 5E5CE41D-7CAD-4825-A9DC-9ACCCFFD3AF6.jpeg
    5E5CE41D-7CAD-4825-A9DC-9ACCCFFD3AF6.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4

lazybloke

Considering a new username

Obviously you can't extrapolate from one example, but I had no particular reaction to my Pfizer booster on Saturday, which was only 30 days after my positive PCR test.

Personally, the risk of feeling a bit rough from a jab is worth it if it helps avoid omicron.

My Delta infection last month was a bit concerning - shortness of breath for a couple of days.My respiratory system is still recovering from that, so I suspect Omicron would cause a significant relapse (or be even worse).

So booster jab, masks, social distancing, and prioritising (ie reducing) my social contacts are just some of the steps I'm taking currently.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I had my booster today. It’s been fine but this past hour or so my arm feels like it’s been punched, there is definite swelling and a significant bruise. I feel bloody awful so off to bed. I am in for a hell of a headache. I can feel it settling in for the night.

potsy

Rambler
Jab 1 AZ felt groggy for a couple of days.
Jab 2 AZ absolutely fine, no side effects at all.
Jab 3 Pfizer Arm is swollen and very tender to the touch, feel fine though.

Top Bottom