COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Why can people not be happy that things are moving along nicely and hopefully by the middle of the year most if not all Adults would have had a jab.

Get back to normal ASAP in my opinion and get on with life, all this whinging isn't good for people.

There is a divide on here.

The people who are happy are either not that worried or are over 50 and getting their jabs before everything opens up properly.

'Middle of the year' means months of interacting indoors with no protection whatsoever from the virus.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
OT: (;)) Not sure about that. Got any evidence? Think that there were a fair few plebians who 'helped' the 'win', and who lost.

Hence 'inter alia' - among other things.

I'm sure you are aware of the evidence, such as it is.

The officer class had leadership skills, the benefits of teamwork, and a strong desire to win ingrained into them at an early age.

Anyone for a wall game?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
MrsF was jabbed today with the Astra Zenica/Oxford jab. There was a fair queue at the practice ! She was told that no effect for 2-3 weeks and only 60% until you've had the second. I think the information is aimed at those that will be thinking they are superhuman now and it was time to party.

Last edited:

JBGooner

Über Member
Almost all the words used in English language are foreign. From Texel, via Germany, France, Italy, Scandinavia.

Even I, a comp kid who didn't go to university knows what "inter alia" means and, on occasions, use it

eng-origin2.png

marinyork

My redeployment to the vaccine hub tomorrow has been cancelled and I'm back doing my regular work. Not been told why but its either

1. Run out of vaccine
2. Run out of people to vaccinate
3. Money is there to buy in locum and bank staff instead of redeployment.

I'm hoping it's number 3

Vaccine numbers for the weekend published. Quite poor unfortunately. It may be running out of vaccine.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Vaccine numbers for the weekend published. Quite poor unfortunately. It may be running out of vaccine.

I may well be wrong on this and if I am then my apologies. :okay:

I thought on one of the TV briefings within the last 2 weeks or so that there was a predicted drop in vaccination rate due to reductions in the supply chain prior to rising again.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Vaccine numbers for the weekend published. Quite poor unfortunately. It may [because we] be running out of vaccine.
Agree with first part.
As I shared last month (maybe you missed it), I suspect there was a surge in the first half of February to get 'over the line' for the 15 Feb 'offer' target. With the corollary that supplies for the second half of February or so will mean the vaccination rate (per day) will be lower for a fortnight (and the Scottish supply info suggests that too). It will pick up again in March: Hancock has said that vaccine supply is assured, or some such words.
1614017142770.png

Last edited:

marinyork

Has anyone on this thread not had the vaccine or been booked in for later this week except the people who cannot have it? I think there are 1 or 2 on here who haven't.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Some counties/CCGs have started the under 60s but the main February effort is going into the last (ie unjabbed) third of the over 65s and all the Group 6 - Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group (with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality), and their carers. Those who received a Pfizer vaccine in the week starting 20 Dec are also being called in small numbers for their second jab, including one OTP, iirc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom