COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It really brightens my day when I read on here of people getting their jabs, especially the lower age ones, tells me we're progressing well.

If you want good stories, I can tell you that numerically loads people in their teens, 20s and 30s have been vaccinated as parts of groups 2, 4 and 6. As a percentage, is it typical etc, the answer is no it's relatively rare unless you work in health or social care. People who I'm acquainted with loosely, who I volunteer with, other organisations I'm in contact with. Group 6 is 7+ million people (we'll find out precisely how large later) and this means the vaccinated program is running slightly ahead of time. It's running ahead by a month+ in some areas and about a week ahead in the slowest areas.

Unfortunately there are downsides on group 6 and these have started to emerge the last week or so and it's only really been the Jo Wiley stuff that's got publicity. There are big positives because some people who are carers or severely mentally ill or on the spectrum are getting vaccinated. Others are not. I think in about a month's time people may to start to fall out because there are very big cliff edges when you're doing group 6 vs group 11 or 12 comparisons.

Last edited:
It would be useful if people were to state the very basic reason why daughters/sons/friends are getting the jab at well under 50 years old, no details needed. Otherwise it looks like you can get jabbed at 25 in some parts of the country :laugh:
My 19 yr old Daughter got it because she is a TA in a school with Vulnerable kids, my 22 yr old Son is a Prison officer and hasn't had it and I'm apparently a 'key worker ' as I work in Telecoms and haven't had it, 55.

marinyork

Interesting, a celebrity has just posted about getting the moderna vaccine, drawing attention to that has finally come on stream. Seems scant information how long it's been used for.

That's very good news as it'll boost supply.

C R

Guru
I was feeling ok all day, so I was hoping I wouldn't be getting much on the way of side effects, but starting about half an hour ago, first my shoulders and then all my joints feel like I was hit by an artic.

dodgy

I'm 55, so hoping for the vaccine in the next 6 weeks or so, I already have a plan for feeling a bit like I have a bad cold, it consists of all my favourite foods/treats in the kitchen and an understanding wife :laugh: Best trade ever; feeling a bit rough in exchange for eventual freedom.

marinyork

I'm 55, so hoping for the vaccine in the next 6 weeks or so, I already have a plan for feeling a bit like I have a bad cold, it consists of all my favourite foods/treats in the kitchen and an understanding wife :laugh: Best trade ever; feeling a bit rough in exchange for eventual freedom.

You will get offered a vaccine in the next six weeks otherwise Bojo will have failed his target if it's slightly over six weeks. You'll probably get it end of March.

As anecdotally things seem to be booking further ahead now, you may even hear pretty soon if you're lucky and that sure does feel good if it happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom