COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

It would be useful if people were to state the very basic reason why daughters/sons/friends are getting the jab at well under 50 years old, no details needed. Otherwise it looks like you can get jabbed at 25 in some parts of the country :laugh:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It would be useful if people were to state the very basic reason why daughters/sons/friends are getting the jab at well under 50 years old, no details needed. Otherwise it looks like you can get jabbed at 25 in some parts of the country :laugh:

My 18 year old daughter got it because she works in adult social care.

My 21 year old son went for a job in a care home and was asked 'would you be willing to have the C19 vaccine if we offered you the job?' No hint that he wouldn't be offered the job if he had said no, but you do wonder.

vickster

Legendary Member
You can according to my colleague who’s been invited (Harrow I think)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Prioritisation for occupations may make less sense than age as the economy opens up more April onwards and people mix more regardless of occupation. However I agree with @Ajax Bay given the actual impact of prioritising occupations is relatively minor - and i don't think the admin would be that insurmountable - it would make sense to do so.
And if vaccination does reduce transmission, it makes sense from a public health point of view to prioritise occupations that come into contact with most people. Potential/probable superspreaders.

vickster

Legendary Member
But surely there's a reason for that? Underlying health, occupation, something else? Or maybe just pure luck 🤷‍♂️
Apparently his practice has got through the 50+. No UHC. Does same job as me, wah
This was before the announcement of wave 2 by age.
Male, BAME background but those aren’t priorities, even if higher risk of morbidity and mortality

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Had the jab (O-AZ) yesterday and absolutely no after effects 24 hours on - not even a sore arm. Although the vaccine burned going in unlike the painless flu jab I had back in December.

Seems to vary a lot by individual as to the effect:

Wife: following day was knackered, achy and sleepy.

Best mate: 'flattened' and felt very flu like for a couple of days.

His wife: no after effects whatsoever.

SpokeyDokey

Prioritisation for occupations may make less sense than age as the economy opens up more April onwards and people mix more regardless of occupation. However I agree with @Ajax Bay given the actual impact of prioritising occupations is relatively minor - and i don't think the admin would be that insurmountable - it would make sense to do so.

Not sure I understand which side of the fence you are on re prioritisation by occupation. Sorry, maybe I am just being dopey. :smile:

JVT gave an excellent explanation as to why vaccinating by age cohorts made more sense and had more positive impact on deaths etc than by occupation during last night's televised briefing.

This was followed up by some (more simplistic) explanations from some other members of the JCVI panel by one of the news channels (probably BBC but I can't remember for sure).

All seemed to make sense to me.

midlife

Guru

25 year old son has had number 1 of Pfizer as he is a type 1 diabetic. Bigger anomaly is why the NHS won't pay for his Freestyle arm sensors which will cost me quite a bit over the years. I suppose we get his insulin on prescription.......

Reactions: C R

Julia9054

Guru
Had the jab (O-AZ) yesterday and absolutely no after effects 24 hours on - not even a sore arm. Although the vaccine burned going in unlike the painless flu jab I had back in December.

Seems to vary a lot by individual as to the effect:

Wife: following day was knackered, achy and sleepy.

Best mate: 'flattened' and felt very flu like for a couple of days.

His wife: no after effects whatsoever.
Al had a bit of a delayed reaction to his. Jabbed on Saturday, slightly sore arm nothing more. On Wednesday he went to work and came home after 2 hours feeling like crap. 24 hours in bed, got up Thursday feeling fine.

SpokeyDokey

Al had a bit of a delayed reaction to his. Jabbed on Saturday, slightly sore arm nothing more. On Wednesday he went to work and came home after 2 hours feeling like crap. 24 hours in bed, got up Thursday feeling fine.

Arghhhh! You have now filled me with gloom as I'm now thinking I may have a delayed reaction on it's way. :laugh:

Still, come what may it'd be worth it in the long run plus would get me out of a multitude of household duties. :smile:

I'm glad that Al (not sure what relation he is to you) is now feeling chipper! :okay:

C R

Guru
From what I could see at our surgery it was all group 6 today. Of the ten or so people I saw going in and out, I would say half were younger than me, I am 48, type 1 diabetic.

Julia9054

Guru
Arghhhh! You have now filled me with gloom as I'm now thinking I may have a delayed reaction on it's way. :laugh:

Still, come what may it'd be worth it in the long run plus would get me out of a multitude of household duties. :smile:

I'm glad that Al (not sure what relation he is to you) is now feeling chipper! :okay:
We have started a bit of a fitness thing at the moment. Al (husband) sees the 24 hours of not eating as a kick start to his diet! 🤣

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I have no idea why my youngest (uni student) was called up. We have discussed this at home and can only assume it her autism diagnosis. - Although she is a high functioning autistic.
My other daughter is an assistant head teacher. She lives 20 miles away, but neither she nor us have any idea why she has been given an appointment. Possibly working in a deprived inner city borough? I don't think any of her long term health conditions would qualify.

Top Bottom