COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
Mrs Lane booked for next Thursday following link posted above- a week earlier than earliest date the vaccine calculator we looked at gave

Ajax Bay

Guru
Italy have stopped a shipment of AZ vaccine due for Australia - the rights or wrongs are up for discussion, but for anyone outside the EU this really doesn't show them in a great light.
To offer context to Italy's vaccine stock when blocking the shipment to Australia last week, on 'we need it more' grounds aiui, it had the largest supply of Ox-AZ doses in the EU: more than 1.5M (and loads of Pfizer and Moderna as well).
[Source: European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control]
But by 5 Mar Italy had used just 322,801 of its Ox-AZ doses (~21%).
Germany had used about a tird of its Ox-AZ supply (1.4M) and France a quarter of its 1.1M.

Good morning,

There is article here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-56312817 - NHS pay-rise demo organiser fined £10,000 in Manchester

How would be people here react to an immediate NHS strike, especially if it included stopping giving new vaccine doses?

I am generally quite right wing and have always been troubled by the amount of power the Government took over covid and the lack of kickback by both politicians and the general population.

Now the right to protest over working condition has hit the covid restrictions.

It is certainly possible that everyone will ignore this as an isolated incident, or the union movement might see this as an existential question and feel they have to start organising mass rallies.

I appreciate that the police appear to have had no other options open to them, but that doesn't resolve the issue on a larger scale.

Bye

Ian

Reactions: C R

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Political demos are exempt. I understand you have to inform the police you are intending to meet etc. The police have broken up other demos and meetings, whilst letting others continue. Hopefully this fine will be rescinded.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Political demos are exempt. [...]
That exemption was removed, I think in the November lockdown. I had attended political demonstrations in defence of a local cycleway during Lockdown 1.

An exception for Picketing was added on Boxing Day. A further exception for two-person outdoor (or common hallways in things like blocks of flats) meetings for political campaigning was added to the law today, which looks badly phrased and allows non-candidate campaigners seeking to influence the elections to go door-to-door too.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
How would be people here react to an immediate NHS strike, especially if it included stopping giving new vaccine doses?
I would be disappointed and I would blame the government's deliberate pay insult for it.

dodgy

Anyone know why the previous established groups (75 to 80, 70 to 75, 65 to 70, 60 to 65, 55 to 60 etc etc) has somehow become 56+ and not 55+ ?

Top Bottom