COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
My wife is refusing after seeing what the vaccine did to me. I was in terrible pain and couldn't move for the better part of a day.

I trust if she refuses the vaccine and gets Covid, she will also refuse hospital treatment.

Cycling_Samurai

Everybody I know at work has been vaccinated, mix of symptoms but mainly a sore arm or feeling a bit off colour. Only one person in our place was actually unwell. Hope it doesn't put her off
Thanks. It did. I slept 12 hours woke and had severe stomach pain and back pain when moving. Chills and feeling tired. I barely could walk or stand up. The first shot left my arm sore for a day. The second hurt the second day. I ended up sleeping 16 hours and going to bed sleeping 8 hours next night. So yeah a bit rough. Coworkers had similar symptoms but not as bad as mine.

C R

Guru
Thanks. It did. I slept 12 hours woke and had severe stomach pain and back pain when moving. Chills and feeling tired. I barely could walk or stand up. The first shot left my arm sore for a day. The second hurt the second day. I ended up sleeping 16 hours and going to bed sleeping 8 hours next night. So yeah a bit rough. Coworkers had similar symptoms but not as bad as mine.
Still better than spending weeks on a ventilator, or passing covid on to someone who then end up spending weeks on a ventilator, or worse.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My wife is refusing after seeing what the vaccine did to me. I was in terrible pain and couldn't move for the better part of a day.

A day... FFS. I get more hurt from riding my bike and just general age as I ignore getting older. :whistle:

Get jabbed, get riding with mates, get staying over and getting boozed up with mates, and riding again next day.... simple.

Oh yeh, seeing family again.... :laugh:

Ajax Bay

Guru
The Oxford one seems to be the flavour of the day
If we look at the supply revealed last month 'in error' by the SNP (I've shared this graph before) one can deduce that most of the rest of the Pfizer vaccine supply from now till mid June (3 months) will go on second doses (for those who received their Pfizer jab after 20 Dec).
(previously shared 25 days ago):
1615413446158.png

classic33

Leg End Member
If we look at the supply revealed last month 'in error' by the SNP (I've shared this graph before) one can deduce that most of the rest of the Pfizer vaccine supply from now till mid June (3 months) will go on second doses (for those who received their Pfizer jab after 20 Dec).
(previously shared 25 days ago):
View attachment 578031
Quoting part of a post does nothing bar take the origional post out of context.
It was an observation on my part as to the actual vaccine that seems to be in use, locally, this Saturday.

Today, Wednesday, would have been the Pfizer one.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
"Have any vaccines been exported from the UK?" No idea. Let us know after you've made the effort to find out. But I will have a stab and say 'yes'. (And I'm not counting vaccines sent out for trials recently.)
I can't find any being exported. The 10pm news on MGN's Euronews just said none are being exported because Ox-AZ is the only one being made here and more than the entire current production is contracted to the UK.

Let me be crystal clear: I'm saying that 'UK Government banning the export of vaccines' hasn't happened (and the UK Government appears pretty clear on that). I have suggested previously that I think it most unlikely ("I bet" - see quote above) that the UK Government would ban the export of vaccines.
The UK has similar export control measures ("ban") to what's recently been introduced in the EU. The UK just hasn't had to use them because no UK-based manufacturer is attempting to export any.

This meaningless distinction reminds me of "I did not overrule him" and "did you threaten to overrule him?"

In fact I suggest that the UK sends a plane load to Australia asap (and another across the Irish Sea, to augment the paucity of supply Ireland is getting from the Union Commission).
That hasn't happened and it won't until the UK has more than it can use.

In other news, the EU is getting another 4m Pfizer doses before the end of March, and the EMA is expected to approve the Janssen/J&J vaccine tomorrow.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I understand that the main effect of his nanoprobes is that the inoculated person keeps trying to convince others to set Edge as their default web browser and Bing as their search engine. Resistance is futile.

Spooky.

I had my first jab 4 weeks ago. A few days later, I gave in to my mounting frustration with Firefox and migrated to Edge (which actually appears to be much better behaved).

Now I know why I did it ...

Ajax Bay

Guru
Pretty sure Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is not manufactured or finished in UK. Supplies received in UK are not for re-export. So there's been no question of 'banning' exports.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
This report (about half way down the page) back in January, referred to the Wrexham plant producing 150,000 phials a day. At six doses per phial that's 900,000 jabs. The figures I have seen don't get anywhere near that number being vaccinated everyday, even with (say) 10% wastage. The peak was at the end of January/early February.

The Government isn't going to be announcing vaccine exports unless it is in its interests to do so. Particularly with the noisy neighbours.

Top Bottom