COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
This thread should be interesting in a month's time. I hope I am wrong and they give it to those in cyclechat who go on about their age, health conditions and importance e.g. teachers.
Guess I will just have to pay.

I want everyone to get one. It's just not going to happen.

It's the numbers. It was discussed in the early days that it'd be tens of thousands of vaccines per day. So you might have something like a million a month vaccinated IF it happens in January. After that it may step up. Two jabs so a million a month initially may be about right :sad:.

This would still be good news. If you give it to 2 or 3 million in their 80s and true key workers it should reduce viral load by fewer very very sick people. That's good for everyone.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think the opposite. Obey the rules - theres no cure or vaccine

Problem is rules are not sustainable long term unless everyone given a living wage regardless of work status.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Until successful phase 3 results are in, and UK approval given for a vaccine, who knows? Anything else is speculation. Some of it will also be political. Give the impression a vaccine is around the corner and people will be more accepting of restrictions. If no end in sight then difficult decisions will need to be made.

Well it's certainly what the governments in the UK and US are hoping.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
This thread should be interesting in a month's time. I hope I am wrong and they give it to those in cyclechat who go on about their age, health conditions and importance e.g. teachers.

I want everyone to get one. It's just not going to happen.

It's the numbers. It was discussed in the early days that it'd be tens of thousands of vaccines per day. So you might have something like a million a month vaccinated IF it happens in January. After that it may step up. Two jabs so a million a month initially may be about right :sad:.

This would still be good news. If you give it to 2 or 3 million in their 80s and true key workers it should reduce viral load by fewer very very sick people. That's good for everyone.

I dunno why it has to be a logistical nightmare. Just a get about 100 medics to walk down the M6 everyday between 7am-11am - Injecting people stuck in the traffic jam - you would do loads.

classic33

Leg End Member
One health condition means it'll never be given to me. Just like every other "routine" jab out there.

classic33

Leg End Member

tom73

Guru
We need a very open and up front public debate about who got's what and how we the mass numbers of professionals to give it. Long before we get a vaccine. Some possibly unpopular choices may be needed. Some vaccines may start off looking good for one group say the old but then prove to be not so. But effective on another group say the young then what ? Use them at the expense of having to stop using them on the old even if that's the only one we have plenty of ? Ethnic groups are more at risk than anyone from covid do we do them first ? Poverty is another risk.Do them before others too ? Who should decide government , parliament or clinicians ?
This debate need's starting if we wont to avid a social and political bun fight later.
Together with some honest admission that even with one or more vaccines it will not be back to normal for some time.
We've already just had a law change with little general public knowledge to allow MHRA to short circuit current licence requirements and to open up the list of people who can do vaccinations. Inc student HCP's unsupervised. Which will not help with confidence in any vaccine that comes along.
We also need a robust plan to tackle the anti vac lot and that need's starting sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
We need a very open and up front public debate about who got's what and how we the mass numbers of professionals to give it. Long before we get a vaccine. Some possibly unpopular choices may be needed. Some vaccines may start off looking good for one group say the old but then prove to be not so. But effective on another group say the young then what ? Use them at the expense of having to stop using them on the old even if that's the only one we have plenty of ? Ethnic groups are more at risk than anyone from covid do we do them first ? Poverty is another risk.Do them before others too ? Who should decide government , parliament or clinicians ?
This debate need's starting if we wont to avid a social and political bun fight later.
Together with some honest admission that even with one or more vaccines it will not be back to normal for some time.
We've already just had a law change with little general public knowledge to allow MHRA to short circuit current licence requirements and to open up the list of people who can do vaccinations. Inc student HCP's unsupervised. Which will not help with confidence in any vaccine that comes along.
We also need a robust plan to tackle the anti vac lot and that need's starting sooner rather than later.

put six immigrants in a dinghy, say they are from France - that will distract the anti vaxers for 18 months.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
That’s the simple solution sadly they have got a bit more advanced. So need a robust reply they are real threat and a growing one.

Top Bottom