COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
like the large group of pensioners stopped to fix a puncture at a pinch point on ncn568 [burton marsh greenway] yesterday, forcing people to squeeze through them to get past. I gave them my compliments. Support bubble my arse.

They'll all be vaccinated by now so consider themselves invincible.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

dodgy

They'll all be vaccinated by now so consider themselves invincible.
That’s what I was thinking at the time. They will have no idea that they are only protected from symptoms.

Chislenko

Veteran
like the large group of pensioners stopped to fix a puncture at a pinch point on ncn568 [burton marsh greenway] yesterday, forcing people to squeeze through them to get past. I gave them my compliments. Support bubble my arse.

Was on there myself yesterday dodgy, about 10 a.m. it was brutal going against the wind towards the Wirral.
Like you I am constantly amazed when cyclists decide to stop, for a chat, food etc and leave their bikes across the path, the Greenway is not lacking in grass verges to get out of the way!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Was on there myself yesterday dodgy, about 10 a.m. it was brutal going against the wind towards the Wirral.
Like you I am constantly amazed when cyclists decide to stop, for a chat, food etc and leave their bikes across the path, the Greenway is not lacking in grass verges to get out of the way!

My cycling group does the same, not least because if we were lined out we wouldn't all be able to talk crap to each other.

Verges are risky around here because they tend to be suppositories for dog poo.

Too many owners only clear it up when they think they may be observed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All done - very efficient process at the Tennis Centre at Etihad. Waved through to park the bike up at proper bike stands - two other bikes there when I came out. Nice 20 mile off road return ride.

Slight ache on the inside of my upper arm, but that could have been the ride :whistle:

Last edited:

dodgy

My cycling group does the same, not least because if we were lined out we wouldn't all be able to talk crap to each other.

Verges are risky around here because they tend to be suppositories for dog poo.

Too many owners only clear it up when they think they may be observed.

Just try to be considerate, that's all. I get the social cycle of cycling I really do. But there's this bug going around and just a little bit of consideration goes a long way. Go on massive group rides for all I care, but don't inconvenience or even worse, put others at risk.

Re verges: if you knew the route, you probably wouldn't even have mentioned this point.

Re dogs: Dogs are to be on leads at all times on this route, by law. I've been using this route about 4 times a week for as long as it's been open, dog poo is not an issue whatsoever, even if it was, it would blend in quite nicely with the typical inch of sheep shoot on part of the most used bit anyway.

lane

Veteran
I recon a group of vaccinated people outside is very very low risk. It wouldn't worry me.

Two positive cases in my daughters school already - a teacher and a pupil. This is where the risk is not on a cycle track.

Although i still try to follow all the rules despite having had my jab.

dodgy

I recon a group of vaccinated people outside is very very low risk. It wouldn't worry me.

Why?
And even if the risk is low, it's still bloody inconsiderate. My understanding is that the vaccinated can still become infected and pass it on, though perhaps less likely, I don't know. What I do know is that people feel uncomfortable trying to get through what is essentially a large bus stop of people staring at someone's bike. I'm vaccinated, but I will still wear a mask going into a shop, and I would still keep my distance from others because it's courtesy and respect.

lane

Veteran

1. People outside are inherently low risk. Risk of transmission outside is low.
2. Lots of evidence that vaccination reduces risk of transmission quite significantly. So risk of transmission from vaccinated people is lower.

Put 1 and 2 together and that is why.

Plus if only passing them on the cycle track then any risk is going to be more or less zero anyway.

lane

Veteran
I had a puncture on the cycle track yesterday and repaired it on the verge - it was bloody muddy! Still wouldn't have done it on the track covid notwithstanding.

Top Bottom