COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

1. People outside are inherently low risk. Risk of transmission outside is low.
2. Lots of evidence that vaccination reduces risk of transmission quite significantly. So risk of transmission from vaccinated people is lower.

Put 1 and 2 together and that is why.

Plus if only passing them on the cycle track then any risk is going to be more or less zero anyway.

Still lacking in consideration, regardless. They were in the bloody way. Bloody hi vis noobs...

:laugh:

dodgy

What's the latest in Europe, have they had an epiphany yet?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just try to be considerate, that's all. I get the social cycle of cycling I really do. But there's this bug going around and just a little bit of consideration goes a long way. Go on massive group rides for all I care, but don't inconvenience or even worse, put others at risk.
This is what worries me. There will always be people out there that are not vaccinated whether by personal choice or a medical reason. It isn’t fair if everyone gets overly blaze about things now.

Chislenko

Veteran
I'm with @dodgy . On the particular route he is discussing you not only have to work your way past the usual assortment of headphone wearing phone engrossed walkers you also have sheep to dodge, dry rutted or sloppy wet sheep droppings depending on the weather, bird watchers who are only focussed on their binoculars, occasionally gates to open and cattle grids.

Quite way fellow cyclists would want to add to the list of obstructions is beyond me.

Edit. Personally I hate it but it is a route to the Wirral for me.

dodgy

This is what worries me. There will always be people out there that are not vaccinated whether by personal choice or a medical reason. It isn’t fair if everyone gets overly blaze about things now.

I didn't bother adding in my original post that it wasn't just inconsiderate, it's in direct conflict with the current rules. But hey, I guess we're all at that point that we know how to balance the risk since we're all epidemiologists now 🤷‍♂️

Quote= UK Gov

You can leave your home for exercise or recreation in a public outdoor place:

• by yourself
  • with the people you live with
  • with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
  • in a childcare bubble where providing childcare
  • or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household

lane

Veteran

I agree now is not the time to get blaze. However we are slowly going back to normal - schools going back is by far the biggest risk st the moment. Eventually we will have to go back to normal fully - currently scheduled for the 21st June. There will be people not vaccinated and some for whom unfortunately the vaccine doesn't work. In all probability some will catch covid and some will die - unless covid is eliminated which won't happen in the next few years if at all.

Done and done. Doddle. AZ as predicted. Whole thing took about 2 minutes. Very efficient. Felt a bit odd on the ride home but made it back ok.

As someone who has been to the SECC a fair amount in happier times, it was eerie seeing it in its emergency overflow hospital configuration.
Very glad that in the end it never got used.

lane

Veteran
As long as that doesn't include large group rides outside, as you proclaim that safe. Or something.

Such hypocrisy. Follow the guidance, or don't. But don't pretend you know better.

What I said is I personally wouldn't be concerned passing close to such a group and I wouldn't - as it is very low risk. That's not hypocrisy it's a reasonable approach to risk based on everything we have learned about Covid from the experts over to the past 12 months.

My cycling consists of solo or with one other person. As it happens I also mended my puncture on the grass beside the cycle track yesterday - not due to covid risk it wouldn't occur to me to block the track to do so.

In 10 days or so I expect to be cycling with a larger group of 6 to 15.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Done and done. Doddle. AZ as predicted. Whole thing took about 2 minutes. Very efficient. Felt a bit odd on the ride home but made it back ok.

As someone who has been to the SECC a fair amount in happier times, it was eerie seeing it in its emergency overflow hospital configuration.
Very glad that in the end it never got used.
We share the rare privilege of being vaccinated on the same day as glorious leader. I politely thanked the people at the clinic. At no point did I feel the urge to...

TELEMMGLPICT000253761556_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVnGZDHLVbaDWtLqzwQh5-XkyztDRjf0dUW_myY0VgWI.jpeg

“You might feel a little prick”

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Can somebody explain (or post a link to an explanation) why Ursula von der Leyden is getting shirty about vaccine availability? Isn't it a contractual issue with AZ rather than the UK government?

Top Bottom