COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that because of reluctance to have it ,or have so many been vacc'ed that they are just mopping up the remnants?
lot's of morons opting not to get the jab

Johnno260

Veteran
lot's of morons opting not to get the jab

I know plenty of those, and they're being very vocal about it.

Family members have been basically disowned by others for taking the vaccine, the same people then cry about this situation being divisive! like I said in another thread the words from a family member to my mother after being jabbed " You have chosen your side"

So yea this situation has meant I cut some pretty toxic and selfish idiots from my life.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
So the AZ vaccine is made by its legal team?

The legal team need to talk to and get reports done by the guys doing the actual work. Thus the guys who would normally do the actual work are writing reports, trawling through old emails about who said what when, and why did they say x rather than y. All this is tiring and very stressful, and quite obviously reduces the time and brains available to produce more vaccine.

There's a Dilbert cartoon where "management" demands status reports every half hour until the project is back on track.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Public Health England’s Porton Down virus and vaccine testing facilities are getting a £29.3M boost to "further future-proof the country [aka mitigate the risks] from the threat of new variants," Health Secretary Matt Hancock said.

Dr Jenny Harries CE UKHSA said: "A new variant that can escape the current vaccines is the greatest risk of a third wave. This new investment will help us stay one step ahead of the virus by doubling our capacity to test vaccine effectiveness against emerging variants."

Vaccines minister Nadhim Zahawi again confirmed today that plans are being formed for autumn booster jabs for some people, possibly over-50s. "We want [GPs] to be able, if they need to, from September onwards to boost those that are most vulnerable."

dodgy

I know plenty of those, and they're being very vocal about it.

Family members have been basically disowned by others for taking the vaccine, the same people then cry about this situation being divisive! like I said in another thread the words from a family member to my mother after being jabbed " You have chosen your side"

So yea this situation has meant I cut some pretty toxic and selfish idiots from my life.

Such a bloody shame. I fear that over the next few years we'll hear lots of stories of people losing family members who refused to be vaccinated out of some conspiracy horsecack or misinformation.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Ajax Bay

Guru
'High Protection' From 2 Doses of Pfizer Vaccine
Two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine provided more than 95% protection against infection, hospitalisation, severe illness, and death, according to a study in The Lancet. based on Israel's experience up to 3 April.
Israel was the first country to report national data on the Pfizer vaccine based on its nationwide vaccination campaign. Adjusted estimates of vaccine effectiveness at 7 days or longer after the second dose were:
  • 95·3% against SARS-CoV-2 infection
  • 91·5% against asymptomatic infection
  • 97·0% against symptomatic COVID-19
  • 97·2% against COVID-19-related hospitalisation
  • 97·5% against severe or critical COVID-19-related hospitalisation
  • 96·7% against COVID-19-related death
Vaccine effectiveness was seen across all age groups, and against the B.1.1.7 variant that was predominant at the time of the investigation.
Comment: The figures above seem very much in line with the corresponding results of the Phase 3 RCT trial for this vaccine. The 91% figure might suggest an estimate of the percentage effectiveness against transmission (on the basis that those without asymptomatic infection ab initio cannot transmit a virus with which they aren't infected). This figure is much higher than the assumptions in the SPI-M papers taken by SAGE, and would mean that:
1) The third wave peak is likely to be much lower than feared.
2) UK herd immunity is a realistic and achievable goal.
Both the above depend on no VoC emerging with either a higher transmissibility rate or vaccine evasion, or both.

lane

Veteran
'High Protection' From 2 Doses of Pfizer Vaccine
Two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine provided more than 95% protection against infection, hospitalisation, severe illness, and death, according to a study in The Lancet. based on Israel's experience up to 3 April.
Israel was the first country to report national data on the Pfizer vaccine based on its nationwide vaccination campaign. Adjusted estimates of vaccine effectiveness at 7 days or longer after the second dose were:
  • 95·3% against SARS-CoV-2 infection
  • 91·5% against asymptomatic infection
  • 97·0% against symptomatic COVID-19
  • 97·2% against COVID-19-related hospitalisation
  • 97·5% against severe or critical COVID-19-related hospitalisation
  • 96·7% against COVID-19-related death
Vaccine effectiveness was seen across all age groups, and against the B.1.1.7 variant that was predominant at the time of the investigation.
Comment: The figures above seem very much in line with the corresponding results of the Phase 3 RCT trial for this vaccine. The 91% figure might suggest an estimate of the percentage effectiveness against transmission (on the basis that those without asymptomatic infection ab initio cannot transmit a virus with which they aren't infected). This figure is much higher than the assumptions in the SPI-M papers taken by SAGE, and would mean that:
1) The third wave peak is likely to be much lower than feared.
2) UK herd immunity is a realistic and achievable goal.
Both the above depend on no VoC emerging with either a higher transmissibility rate or vaccine evasion, or both.

All good news. However as shortly it will be one of the Indian variants that will form the majority of infection in the UK it will be good to know how it works against that.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Did anyone see that nutcase bunch in Nottingham who 'protested' a bus set up as a mobile vaccination centre, saying the vaccine would turn you communist if you had it? LOL! Honestly where do they get their ideas from?
AFAIK that was just one nutcase; the rest of the bunch were the usual embryo extract feckwits.

dodgy

The NHS vaccination booking site leaks people's vaccination status: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...jab-booking-site-leaks-peoples-vaccine-status

As I wrote before, the vaccination centres are running fine but the booking site is poo.

Sounds like a SQL injection flaw, not seen the full write up on it. Anyway, SQLi is extremely (unfortunately) common and is not something that backs up your assertions on the booking site. I know you've made your thoughts on the matter clear and you spend most days trying to find information that backs it up.
It really is hard to correct a mistake one has made a long time making.

Edit: Probably not SQIi, just poor authentication, but the result is you can discover if someone you might know, has been vaccinated. That same person would probably tell you, I'm even happy to 'disclose' that I have had the vaccine, not bothered in the slightest - but the flaw should still be fixed.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I know [...] you spend most days trying to find information that backs it up.
You don't "know" that because it is not true. It is simply a lie you have written. This stuff just keeps popping up in my news feeds.

And it is not poor authentication. It is no authentication. Names and birth dates are not generally secrets so cannot be used to authenticate someone. While there is good reason to allow unauthenticated booking for vaccination, the server really should not release any data back to the user. While we may not care, we know there will be vaccinated people working or living among refuseniks and unvaccinatable people among zealots.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Did anyone see that nutcase bunch in Nottingham who 'protested' a bus set up as a mobile vaccination centre, saying the vaccine would turn you communist if you had it? LOL! Honestly where do they get their ideas from?

Yeah, and that is not all they said. Personally I would hang them from the gate and use their rotting corpses as a deterrent to others.

Top Bottom