COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Perhaps said councillors have been out and about canvassing and encouraging their neighbours to get a jab.

Keeping it by electoral wards would make the figures easier understand. They are after all defined on a map, that can be checked, just as the first half of a postcode can.

I'm just cynical about the better performing "areas".

Last edited by a moderator:
just heard that a local high school (grades 9-12 US) will be giving out the vaccine during school hours to anyone 16 & older

Ajax Bay

Guru
Keeping it by electoral wards would make the figures easier understand. They are after all defined on a map, that can be checked, just as the first half of a postcode can.
In the spirit of 'chat', why have electoral wards not been made the same as MSOAs (NHS)? It's a bit the same as the Ian (I'm not registered with a doctor) bloke saying that he's got a self assessment tax return number: why can't he use it to book a vaccine (as an NHS number).

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Any one else missed the 12 week deadline?
My first jab was on 22nd Feb.
My GP told me to wait to be called for my second jab. No phone call was received so I called them last week, they told me to wait. I called them again today and they have told me to wait again. They admitted that I will not get an appointment within the 12 weeks deadline.

C R

Guru
My GP told me to wait to be called for my second jab. No phone call was received so I called them last week, they told me to wait. I called them again today and they have told me to wait again. They admitted that I will not get an appointment within the 12 weeks deadline.
Same situation here, had first dose on the 27th of February, no call yet about the second dose.

Chromatic

Legendary Member

My first was Feb 24th, I got a text Wednesday 5th May inviting me to book my second, having it on 12th.

Reactions: C R

lane

Veteran
I see the 7 day average of Covid cases has risen slightly for the first time in ages. We are starting to get cases at my daughter's school for the first time in a while. The Borough I live in has been elevated to the highest Covid cases in the country following 100+ pupils and teachers testing positive in just one school. We really can't get those vaccines out quick enough.

Venod

Eh up

The wife and I had the first jab 12th Feb, she got a text for the second, I didn't hear anything so after 3 days I rang the surgery and managed to arrange them both for last Friday, 12 weeks to the day.

Reactions: C R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I see the 7 day average of Covid cases has risen slightly for the first time in ages. We are starting to get cases at my daughter's school for the first time in a while. The Borough I live in has been elevated to the highest Covid cases in the country following 100+ pupils and teachers testing positive in just one school. We really can't get those vaccines out quick enough.

The Pfizer vaccine has been approved for use in 12 year olds and above in the US.

We should do the same here and get them immunised.

Ajax Bay

Guru
All the Pfizer supply is going to second jabs and the under 40s. Do you think the 12-18 year olds should receive jabs first? The story @lane shared does sound like the many mitigations imposed by that school's leadership and/or the willingness of parents to send their teenagers to school whatever have somehow failed. Easy for me to say this from afar.

lane

Veteran
I think it might be a bit unfair to the school and the staff and students. There were a number of positive flow tests reported by both students and staff over - I think - the bank holiday weekend. So at least the flow tests were being undertaken and they presumably gave an early warning and remedial action was taken otherwise it would have been worse. We should not forget that they might be dealing with the Kent variant which is a lot more contagious. Flow tests and marks reduce the chances of outbreaks but don't eliminate them.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
We should not forget that they might be dealing with the Kent variant which is a lot more contagious.

The various recent outbreaks in the NW have been mainly reported as being the Indian variant, which it's increasingly looking is yet more contagious.

lane

Veteran
All three of us in this house who have been vaccinated had our second vaccine booked at the same time - albeit mine was then delayed three days and the other two have not got to the second appointment date yet.

Top Bottom