COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So differing reports - some saying there could still be one available in the UK in the next couple of months, whilst others are saying early next year or six months , and Boris Johnson even suggested recently we may never got one....

Whats everyones thoughts ?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The big commercial vaccine trials have only just started in the nhs populations. Most have treatment periods of between 1 and 3 months. If any of them work, even though they will probably be expedited , I'd be surprised if we get anything within the year. And that's if any of them work, which at this stage is unclear. And to be marketed they have to work and also have no significant side effects

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
The big commercial vaccine trials have only just started in the nhs populations. Most have treatment periods of between 1 and 3 months. If any of them work, even though they will probably be expedited , I'd be surprised if we get anything within the year. And that's if any of them work, which at this stage is unclear. And to be marketed they have to work and also have no significant side effects

I thought the oxford trial entered phase 3 months ago.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-06-28-trial-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-starts-brazil

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think there will be partially effective vaccines at stopping people get infected. The WHO benchmark is 30%. There will be vaccines that exceed this but it is likely to end up trickier in some cases who to give it to and waiting for 'better' ones.

They will be "available" in 2021 for a "lucky" few million people. No vaccine for kingrollo, or the elite on here, or the peasants. A few of the very eldest of cyclechat may get the vaccine and people like midlife and MarkF may be bunged a vaccine.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I think there will be partially effective vaccines at stopping people get infected. The WHO benchmark is 30%. There will be vaccines that exceed this but it is likely to end up trickier in some cases who to give it to and waiting for 'better' ones.

They will be "available" in 2021 for a "lucky" few million people. No vaccine for kingrollo, or the elite on here, or the peasants. A few of the very eldest of cyclechat may get the vaccine and people like midlife and MarkF may be bunged a vaccine.

As an over 50, asthmatic, with a leaky heart valve and an NHS employee - I reckon I will be in the first group.....or second.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
As an over 50, asthmatic, with a leaky heart valve and an NHS employee - I reckon I will be in the first group.....or second.

You may be bunged a vaccine from being in the NHS. Citizen kingrollo doesn't come very high up the pecking order on the other three criteria which have already been leaked :sad:.

It will takes months and months to give the vaccines. Asthma and heart conditions are incredibly common. The 'first' standard citizens to be given it will be those in their 80s.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
So differing reports - some saying there could still be one available in the UK in the next couple of months, whilst others are saying early next year or six months , and Boris Johnson even suggested recently we may never got one....

Whats everyones thoughts ?

Thoughts: "when will it be available" may not the best question to ask.

1. "Will a vaccine be developed which is capable of making a significant impact on the disease and if so when";

2. "How soon (if ever) can such a vaccine be rolled out to sufficient people in the UK to ease restrictions"

and

3. "How soon (if ever) can such a vaccine be rolled out worldwide to remove COVID as a significant health and social impact"

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
You may be bunged a vaccine from being in the NHS. Citizen kingrollo doesn't come very high up the pecking order on the other three criteria which have already been leaked :sad:.

It will takes months and months to give the vaccines. Asthma and heart conditions are incredibly common. The 'first' standard citizens to be given it will be those in their 80s.

Guess I will just have to pay.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Until successful phase 3 results are in, and UK approval given for a vaccine, who knows? Anything else is speculation. Some of it will also be political. Give the impression a vaccine is around the corner and people will be more accepting of restrictions. If no end in sight then difficult decisions will need to be made.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Until successful phase 3 results are in, and UK approval given for a vaccine, who knows? Anything else is speculation. Some of it will also be political. Give the impression a vaccine is around the corner and people will be more accepting of restrictions. If no end in sight then difficult decisions will need to be made.

I think the opposite. Obey the rules - theres no cure or vaccine

Top Bottom