COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From the site rules:

Trolling. Posts that appear to be designed to cause argument or irritate rather than contribute to a constructive discussion are considered trolling and will be treated as such.

Seems to fit in this case.
So if I disagree with an opinion that then irritates the person that's posted it I'm a Troll?

Argument or Debate, that's the question?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
From the site rules:

Trolling. Posts that appear to be designed to cause argument or irritate rather than contribute to a constructive discussion are considered trolling and will be treated as such.

Seems to fit in this case.

Another characteristic of trolling is a whole succession of posts repeating the same arguments over and over again while failing to acknowledge, far less attempting to answer, alternative points of view.

That's a pretty good fit, too.

So if I disagree with an opinion that then irritates the person that's posted it I'm a Troll?

If you think that use of such words as "shepherds", "sheep", "pointless muzzle", "hiding under the stairs" is designed to contribute to rational discussion of covid restrictions rather than to "cause argument or irritate" then I respectfully disagree.

Johnno260

Veteran
If you think that use of such words as "shepherds", "sheep", "pointless muzzle", "hiding under the stairs" is designed to contribute to rational discussion of covid restrictions rather than to "cause argument or irritate" then I respectfully disagree.

Those terms are used to get a reaction, I have been hearing those almost daily for months.

Reactions: mjr

Johnno260

Veteran
Our neighbours all had C19 at the end of last year. The husband, with a preexisting heart condition, black and early sixties was in bad shape, nearly admitted to hospital twice, but recovered OK and no lasting effects. The wife, early fifties and without underlying health conditions took over two months to get to some semblance of normality, and has developed a heart arrhythmia, which most likely is due to C19.

So yeah, it is obviously all psychological...

Similar situation my wife and her sister have a local friend, early 40’s no pre-existing conditions, not over weight or falling into one of the at risk groups.

She had C-19 but quite mild, but her health has just deteriorated massively, she has heart valve damage and lung scarring, like you said these are diagnosed issues not psychological.

Reactions: C R

Johnno260

Veteran
So the caring sector of society looked after you for two weeks and you cannot pass any of that care to others on by wearing a simple mask ! Wow.

unfortunately health care workers are starting to get stick from people with certain beliefs, my wife’s a nurse and has been called an actress for being pro vax etc and being in big pharmas pockets.

Certain people just don’t care anymore.

Johnno260

Veteran

No healthy debate isn’t trolling but using derogatory wording to get an agressive response is.

If you know any anti vax who are very vocal look at the language used, it’s so common across them all that this guy could be any of the anti vax in my family the words used and phrases are all almost a cut and paste, also down the the aggressive position they take as well, and it’s used mainly in a troll like manner.

I will debate anyone but as soon as I see slave muzzle, sheep, hiding under the stairs, it’s all phrases I know and recognise, logic and reason won’t work.

No healthy debate isn’t trolling but using derogatory wording to get an agressive response is.

If you know any anti vax who are very vocal look at the language used, it’s so common across them all that this guy could be any of the anti vax in my family the words used and phrases are all almost a cut and paste, also down the the aggressive position they take as well, and it’s used mainly in a troll like manner.

I will debate anyone but as soon as I see slave muzzle, sheep, hiding under the stairs, it’s all phrases I know and recognise, logic and reason won’t work.
I've seen 'sheeple ' used numerous times on here to describe folk who went to the pub when they opened for example.

It seems to be selective what's acceptable and what isn't.

Johnno260

Veteran
I've seen 'sheeple ' used numerous times on here to describe folk who went to the pub when they opened for example.

From either side it’s not acceptable.

I have said some pretty harsh things to relatives for calling my wife a paid actress a puppet of big pharma etc

I cut the line when I was asked by a relative if my health insurance was paid up as my kids would need it, but not to worry they will look after them as my slave muzzle and snake oil vaccine wasn’t working, my verbal response I can’t print here but it was a reaction, maybe not a troll but his comments are pretty toxic.

Just look up vax denial and family issues it’s rife, but the more toxic party tend to be the anti vax supporters.

Also the logic they apply is flawed, this is the only vaccine that doesn’t offer 100% immunity so you give them other examples of vaccines not being 100% and it’s flawed data as it’s not an independent but a official source so it’s can’t be trusted.

The latest pseudoscience is vaccinated people shed MRNA spike proteins, some vaccines shed, rotavirus does for a few weeks sure, but you can’t generalise every vaccine.

But hey least I saw a hole in my will and spoke with the people who hold it to change it.

Reactions: mjr
From either side it’s not acceptable.

I have said some pretty harsh things to relatives for calling my wife a paid actress a puppet of big pharma etc

I cut the line when I was asked by a relative if my health insurance was paid up as my kids would need it, but not to worry they will look after them as my slave muzzle and snake oil vaccine wasn’t working, my verbal response I can’t print here but it was a reaction, maybe not a troll but his comments are pretty toxic.

Just look up vax denial and family issues it’s rife, but the more toxic party tend to be the anti vax supporters.

Also the logic they apply is flawed, this is the only vaccine that doesn’t offer 100% immunity so you give them other examples of vaccines not being 100% and it’s flawed data as it’s not an independent but a official source so it’s can’t be trusted.

The latest pseudoscience is vaccinated people shed MRNA spike proteins, some vaccines shed, rotavirus does for a few weeks sure, but you can’t generalise every vaccine.

But hey least I saw a hole in my will and spoke with the people who hold it to change it.
I feel for you, sounds like you've got a big divide going on there.

The point on here though is people were slated and called sheeple for going to the pub on the first night and for wanting to go on holiday because it doesn't fit with what is seen as acceptable on this forum, if however someone says the same about people doing the opposite then they're accused of being Trolls!

Johnno260

Veteran
I feel for you, sounds like you've got a big divide going on there.

The point on here though is people were slated and called sheeple for going to the pub on the first night and for wanting to go on holiday because it doesn't fit with what is seen as acceptable on this forum, if however someone says the same about people doing the opposite then they're accused of being Trolls!

Well Landsurfer was kinda being really toxic as well, I would say he went a little above and beyond.

But both parties should try and be more tolerant

Ajax Bay

Guru
@shep Perhaps you could quote who has used "sheeple" on this thread. I've had a search and the only results are . . . you. There's some use elsewhere but mostly used in a referential rather than an accusatory way (Piers Morgan et al).
Edit: The wider search is here: https://www.cyclechat.net/search/128880/?q=sheeple&o=relevance - no need to scroll through 'thousands of posts'.
Think 'sheeple' is fairly jocular really, compared to some of the trolling vernacular.
And yes, we rode down to the pub as soon as they opened in April, outside: it was bl***y freezing. Nicer yesterday though: good riding and good company and chat, and stayed mild even after sunset - we actually chose to move outside, when our number swelled to above 6. Someone had recently had their jab and was whimpering about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

Ajax Bay

Guru
MHRA have just (am Friday) extended approval of the Pfizer vaccine to be used on 12 up to 16 (it's already authorised for 16 year olds), as USA's FDA and EU's EMA had done previously.
They've looked at the trial data (12 to 15 yo subjects in the USA) and decided it's safe and effective in this age group and that the benefits outweigh the risk.
It'll be up to the JCVI to decide whether this cohort would come under the vaccine deployment programme - at the beginning of the autumn term, say.
But immediately this will allow the many children with comorbidities (implicitly in JCVI Gp 4) who have been shielding all these months and are really at enhanced risk of serious illness if they caught COVID-19 to be offered vaccination without delay: I'm sure clinicians/GPs have the lists.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mod note:

Previous post beat me to it.

Please stay on topic or we'll have to close the thread to clean it up etc.

If you want to discuss double standards or whatever re posting in NACA then feel free to start a new thread - just be nice and keep within the rules. :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom