cowboy style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Camera skills could do with some work but nice one for making something from scratch !

OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

Will there be a matching saddle?
if find a saddle thats worth doing,however ripping off the old cover and recovering it would be the easy way,to make a brooks style you would need 4mm leather shoulder,its about a £100 .and an old frame but always looking for stuff

OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

thanks for the nice coms
another pic
002.jpg

OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

Great work! I love that thing of taking something old and making something new out of it. Am currently making a jumper out of the wool from an old jumper... less original but same principle!
same here,imake lots of things from thrown away items,like the wood stove (theres a pic in media)from an old calor bottle,i've made canoes,teardrop trailers all from trash,(dont throw it away make somthing)

Ganymede

Veteran
same here,imake lots of things from thrown away items,like the wood stove (theres a pic in media)from an old calor bottle,i've made canoes,teardrop trailers all from trash,(dont throw it away make somthing)
Have to say I mostly make things from raw materials as there are a lot round here - hazel for making sheep hurdles, willow for baskets, fleece to make rugs. I invented a new way of making a fleece rug by taking a fresh raw fleece and shrink-washing it so it looks like a sheepskin... only the sheep is still alive and growing next year's rug! I like finding old fabric and using it for cushions etc. too. I made a peg loom out of an old bit of wood and some dowelling and wove a rug on that.

OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

Have to say I mostly make things from raw materials as there are a lot round here - hazel for making sheep hurdles, willow for baskets, fleece to make rugs. I invented a new way of making a fleece rug by taking a fresh raw fleece and shrink-washing it so it looks like a sheepskin... only the sheep is still alive and growing next year's rug! I like finding old fabric and using it for cushions etc. too. I made a peg loom out of an old bit of wood and some dowelling and wove a rug on that.
it would be great if every one was into it

Top Bottom