cowboy style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

Camera skills could do with some work but nice one for making something from scratch !
i triped just as i was taking those pics

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
i had this old brown leather chair,i was taking to the dump,so i striped the leather off to make a set of saddle bags like the cowboys,they are not big 8x8x4 inches deep,but big enough for a day out to take camera,waterproof,snacks and stuff,you could make them bigger for touring,imade them reversed (finnished side in) and waxed them with my home made leather treatment, im so cleaver, i'll finnish the other bag toningt while watching telly,will post a pic when im done,to see if they are the new big thing,lol

What a great idea..... but now I'm in trouble, I got caught trying to rip our leather sofa to bits :smile:

OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

Too right! It's a family thing with us, everyone makes stuff. I think it's getting more popular again.
i even made a wee bag for my sewing kit,complete with a 2 penc piece button
Photo0008.jpg

OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

ooh! defacing the Queen's currency though, mind you don't get arrested!
dont want to bore people more than i have,but because you make stuff have a look at my file knife i made for camping,splitting logs and stuff
Photo0011.jpg
the copper rivets are made from overhead power cable,the blade was an old file i got for a£1 ,and oak scales,the hole for the land yard is a bit of central heating copper

Last edited:
Top Bottom