Cracked Condor Fratello steel frame - Excellent response from Condor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Genuinely pleased this worked our well for you Tynan, I was also most interested in the fact that the mechanics at Condor, and presumably others, had seen this thread. They did the right thing and made a sound commercial decision as well.

Condor remain on my favourites list and are now up near the top for consideration.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
I gave them a printout of my post on here from here in 2008 when I paid my deposit as 'proof' of when I ordered the bike so they'd have found the thread from that

If they'd been a less that enthusiastic outfit, not that they were in any way whatsoever, it might have encouraged them to do the right thing I thought, in an ever so slightly sly way

All uttterly unecessary and even uncalled for in hindsight in this case I hasten to add, I might have mentioned how pleased all the other Fratello owners on the thread were too at the initial decison in shop that a new frame was called for

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:wahhey: :wahhey: :wahhey: - excellent result and SO pleased (for all Condor owners) to hear that Condor came through with flying colours (even though the Slate Grey is the really cool, understated colour :becool:)

Well Done you. :bicycle:

Well Done Condor. :bravo:

Enjoy your riding :bicycle:

swervo

Really good thread thanks everyone.

I've just found what sounds like an identical crack on my 2007 Fratello.
Condor have been good so far (I only told them about it yesterday and it's in the shop today - together with my original purchase receipt).

The bike has been garaged and is well looked after. I was really shocked when I found the crack - and even more surprised that it was a known problem with steel Condors from 2007/2008 due to a short seat shim apparently.
I said that I was really disappointed that it had broken as I was hoping it would last a lifetime - and is why I chose steel in the first place.
I'll be delighted if they replace it owing to the problem being a manufacturing fault.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Really good thread thanks everyone.

I've just found what sounds like an identical crack on my 2007 Fratello.
Condor have been good so far (I only told them about it yesterday and it's in the shop today - together with my original purchase receipt).

The bike has been garaged and is well looked after. I was really shocked when I found the crack - and even more surprised that it was a known problem with steel Condors from 2007/2008 due to a short seat shim apparently.
I said that I was really disappointed that it had broken as I was hoping it would last a lifetime - and is why I chose steel in the first place.
I'll be delighted if they replace it owing to the problem being a manufacturing fault.
Good luck with that!

swervo

Well, amazingly, Condor have just contacted me and offered a free replacement frame even though mine was 7 years old.

I am really impressed and, obviously, delighted.

Chapeau Condor.

LAC

I just want to add my very recent experience with my Fratello and advise on the excellent customer service from Condor.

I bought my Fratello from Condor in August 2011. I noticed a small hairline crack where the top tube meets the seat post about a week ago when I was cleaning my bike after a ride. I immediately emailed Condor and they advised I should take the bike in for them to look at.

Took it in 2 days ago and they looked at it and said that they would replace the frame. The guy did mention something about a 3 year warranty (which ran out in August this year) but he said this didn't matter and would happily replace it free of charge. I needed to ride it home that night so I tentatively did and took it in to store today. The guy was great (didn't catch his name but he had a great beard and arm tattoos) and actually fitted me again on their bike jig in the basement and we made my stem slightly longer and put it down a few mm's.

Whilst the bike still needs to go back to the manufacturers (based in London) for review, he said he would try and get it all turned around as quickly as possible in time for my weekend ride.

Once again, I cannot fault how good the bike shop has been with this matter and, notwithstanding this frame issue, I would highly recommend them and their products and services. #

Will report back when I get my (new) frame and bike all back.

Top Bottom