Cracked Condor Fratello steel frame - Excellent response from Condor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
thank-you

I was starting to think that I'd committed some terrible faux pas

DavieB

MIA
345k47p.jpg

vgsgzs.jpg

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
it's nothing like either of those colours bu thanks for the effort, it's a lustrous rich and satisfying colour, rather like the deep red that the sadly cracked frame was

not sure I like the new decals much, the ones on the 2008 frame were nice

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tynan, sure you've thought of this already, but just in case, clear frame protectors under the cables will save your paint and allow you to see anything potentially nasty whilst doing so. Bikehut ones are good quality, ime.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
thanks jtm, was rather slow to learn that on the last frame, I'll be sorting that shortly

Bike was delivered to me at about 3.20pm and looks A1, it's a shame about the few remaining 'old' bits

I think this thread is about over so I'll conclude by saying Condor have been excellent, they sorted a few things for me at no charge, bar tape, the release button on one of the brake levers and some damage caused by some silly fool using a Shimano brake cable

I think I'll change the thread title if I can to be a bit more Condor friendly

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Brill !!!!

yello

I've been reading this thread with interest over the last few days. It's what I'd call a result. I'm pleased for you Tynan and just about equally pleased that Condor have stepped up to the plate. They could have given you the kiss off. They didn't. Top marks Condor.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
yes indeed yello, it's a genuine good story, almost all the credit on their side although I'm bloody ecstatic about being sorted in time for the DD after slowly getting excited about it

yes Bob, arrived home today and stright off hadda whisk the kids away to something, will do tomorrow

P.H

Über Member
 That was fast, you just feel that some retailers have respect for their customers. I've just read a thread elsewhere about a cracked three year old Mercian frame, be interesting to see how they compare.  Bike frames don't normally break, but any can, I think most people realise this.  I don't think the first couple of pages of ths thread were out of order, I certainly wouldn't have made a judgment until the story was complete.  Being well prepared before you went back to the shop ended up being unnecessary this time, even so it did no harm.

To stop cable rub I prefer to cover the cable rather than the frame, there's a few options, I like these Cablewrap

Koolstop Salmon pads and CLEAN rims will save you a fortune in the long run.  Even so you have to consider rims as consumable.  Rigida rims tend to be a bit cheaper and longer lasting than Mavics, at the cost of a bit of extra weight.

Top Bottom