Crashed on Tuesday - 6 broken ribs and scrapes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
How are you feeling today ?

Stiff but OK thanks. My hip's the worst as it feels like it's being pulled apart as the swelling goes down.

Overall I'm not as bad as I thought. At least so far ....

vickster

Legendary Member
Ice on hip. Big bag of peas, wrapped in tea towel, 15-20 minutes, 3 times a day should help swelling

Do not eat peas once used like that

PK99

Legendary Member
Stiff but OK thanks. My hip's the worst as it feels like it's being pulled apart as the swelling goes down.

Overall I'm not as bad as I thought. At least so far ....

ICE for the hip. Heavy duty painkillers for the ribs. - don't try and be a hero, you need to breathe deeply and cough to qvoid chest infections.You will have several weeks of real pain peaking after about 6 days. If you need to cough, hold a pillow aginst your chest to minimise movement of the broken bits of rib against each other, yes that is as painful as it sounds.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm hoping this means I'm in with a shout of beating you on the Strava climbing challenge this month

...and Get Well Soon of course
With one day left!!

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Wow that was a bit dangerous, hope you're feeling better. Just out of interest, how many CTs did they give you? Sounds like you got the best of treatment.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Wow that was a bit dangerous, hope you're feeling better. Just out of interest, how many CTs did they give you? Sounds like you got the best of treatment.

I remember 4; head, abdomen, shoulder and full body. There was also a chest X-ray whilst I was on the body board. However I may have missed some as they'd put the morphine in and I don't usually have anything stronger than 1/2 an aspirin!

Having the junior doctors on strike meant that it was consultants and registrars on duty - highly unusual but great care was shown by all involved.

Buck

Guru
Bad luck there DC. Hope you cope with the ribs whilst they heal and the hips on the mend too.

BTW is that Appleton Academy in Wyke?

Top Bottom