Crazed cyclist jumping red lights,giving aggressive gestures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes, both you & your 'friend' were aware of the cyclist yet she chose to continue on her way & squeeze the cyclist to the extent that she was able to bang on the roof. Yes the cyclist may have been in the wrong, but why did your 'friend' either stop, slow to allow the cyclist room to pass, or move slightly to the right to allow the cyclist free space. Sorry 2 wrongs do not give your friend the right to put the cyclist life in danger, even if she was prepared to do that herself.
My friend's a bit of a nervy driver. She probably thought she'd do best by carrying on turning rather than stopping,which would then cause the cars behind to beep at her. So you're suggesting that she should've just backed down and let this idiot go on her way? I'm all for cyclists rights,on and off the road but this woman didn't have the right to do what she did. To jump a red light then expect the approaching motorist to either "Get a f..k..g move on",or stop to let her go on her merry way is just not right!

PK99

Legendary Member
oh c'mon Reg.... you think someone jumping red lights and shouting at motorists who seem to obeying the rules of the road isn't angry or unreasonable?
I think you're trolling.

it's just Reg being Reg and letting fly with a smug one liner put down.

sadly that is too often his modus operandi .

D

Deleted member 26715

So you're suggesting that she should've just backed down and let this idiot go on her way?
Yes, what harm would it have done, hold you up for 5-10 seconds? Instead you chose to get aggressive towards her, I'm not condoning what she did, I would probably have sworn at her myself, but either under my breath or just inside the car, I would not of engaged. But your friend knowingly put her in danger, which cannot be acceptable.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's been done before I know but ...

Alarming Accy
And you're to blame
You give cyclists
A bad name

Thanks, that's me stuck with this earworm:

untitled.png

Which one's Accy?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
But your friend knowingly put her in danger, which cannot be acceptable.
My friend was driving at roughy 10 -15 mph. She drove right,away from the cyclist. She(friend) was about 4 feet from the kerb on the left. The cyclist got herself into that 4 feet of space. My friend created a 4 foot space which the cyclist chose to get into so that she could give verbal abuse and bang on the car roof. She put herself in danger,not the other way round.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I hear Ronnie's Pickering's younger sister cycles...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My friend was driving at roughy 10 -15 mph. She drove right,away from the cyclist. She(friend) was about 4 feet from the kerb on the left. The cyclist got herself into that 4 feet of space. My friend created a 4 foot space which the cyclist chose to get into so that she could give verbal abuse and bang on the car roof. She put herself in danger,not the other way round.
"She put herself in danger", like says every motoring supremacist, negligent factory operator, date-rapist... :rolleyes:

Surely if a slow vehicle jumps a red light (and you usually can't be sure, what with how modern traffic lights are shielded so you're not often able to see theirs) and puts themselves in your path, then you stop and handle the overtake as if they were in your path normally. What they did was probably wrong, but that wouldn't justify your wrong.

What would your friend have done if a blue-light vehicle had jumped the red? Even slowing, they'd probably be going at least as fast as the cyclist.

So 4 foot from the kerb? So if the bike's clear of the drains, that's less than 1 foot from the end of the handlebars? Yeah - that ain't enough space, no matter how they got there.

Drago

Legendary Member
Funnynyou mention this. I was out for a ride wearing a dress because it's so, er, comfortable, and the sun in my eyes meant I didn't see the red light. Then some myopic fool dithered in the junction, and their passenger was giving me a really weird deadly stare...

classic33

Leg End Member
Funnynyou mention this. I was out for a ride wearing a dress because it's so, er, comfortable, and the sun in my eyes meant I didn't see the red light. Then some myopic fool dithered in the junction, and their passenger was giving me a really weird deadly stare...
That'd be because of the dress.

classic33

Leg End Member
"She put herself in danger", like says every motoring supremacist, negligent factory operator, date-rapist... :rolleyes:

Surely if a slow vehicle jumps a red light (and you usually can't be sure, what with how modern traffic lights are shielded so you're not often able to see theirs) and puts themselves in your path, then you stop and handle the overtake as if they were in your path normally. What they did was probably wrong, but that wouldn't justify your wrong.

What would your friend have done if a blue-light vehicle had jumped the red? Even slowing, they'd probably be going at least as fast as the cyclist.

So 4 foot from the kerb? So if the bike's clear of the drains, that's less than 1 foot from the end of the handlebars? Yeah - that ain't enough space, no matter how they got there.
There's at least a 10 second period when all the lights are at red. Given that traffic was turning right, it'd mean there had to be a fault in the timing system, that allowed some of the traffic to cross.

Top Bottom